[act-ma] 9/20 PRESS PASS TV - "Standardized Failure"

Commchurch.org info at commchurch.org
Tue Sep 15 12:39:00 PDT 2009

THE COMMUNITY CHURCH OF BOSTON
SUNDAY SPEAKERS FORUM presents...

Sunday, September 20th, 2009
11:00am

PRESS PASS TV
"Standardized Failure"

Press Pass TV is a youth adult partnership organization whose mission is to
produce socially responsible video journalism, which promotes a more diverse
media, empowers communities and increases civic engagement. They work with
middle and high school students to create news stories that tell of
community power and connect issues in our community to root causes. By
providing an alternative to the repetitive one-sidedness of mainstream
media, they connect community members to pathways for action.

In Standardized Failure, Press Pass TV partnered with the City School to go
inside the dangerous affects that the Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment
System has on youth and schools. They also just created a discussion and
action guide to accompany the video. They will use both to discuss solutions
and next steps.

Community Church of Boston
565 Boylston St. (Copley Square)
www.communitychurchofboston.org

*************

JOIN US ON SUNDAYS

10:00am 'Truth & Justice Radio' live w/ coffee, tea and bagels
11:00am Sunday Speakers' Service/Forum (2nd floor)
12:30pm Luncheon

*************

NEXT WEEK'S COMMUNITY CHURCH FORUM (9/27)

MARTINA M. CRUZ
"Working Families and the Economic Crisis"

*************

LUNCH ON SUNDAYS, 12:30PM

On Sunday after our morning programs, we have lunch with one another in the
Guatemala Room (3rd floor), prepared by our cook Luis Alonso Guzman. Enjoy a
delicious lunch with friends! A small contribution is requested to help
cover lunch expenses.

*************

DIRECTIONS/PARKING

The Community Church is located at 565 Boylston Street in Copley Square,
between Dartmouth and Clarendon Streets.

Parking is available on Sunday mornings at the Back Bay Garage (entrances on
Clarendon Street or St. James Ave.). We can provide a sticker to affix to
your parking receipt, and you will be charged $5.00 for 3 hours of parking.

By public transportation, take the Green line to Copley or take the Orange
line to Back Bay station. Community Church is a 2-minute walk from either
station.

*************

A PEACE AND JUSTICE CONGREGATION SINCE 1920

The Community Church of Boston is a free community of human beings united
for the study and practice of universal religion, seeking to apply ethical
ideals to individual life and the democratic and cooperative principle to
all forms of social and economic life.

FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT US

Jason Lydon, Congregational Director
Community Church of Boston