[act-ma] New October 24 event - CFL Barnraising in Area 4

Steve Wineman swineman at gis.net
Thu Oct 15 12:49:12 PDT 2009

/*International Day of Climate Action, Oct. 24, 2009
*/*New Event: CFL Barnraising in Area 4.
Fight Climate Change on Oct. 24.*

HEET is holding barnraisings to weatherize the Cambridge Women's Center
and the Wendell St. Co-op.  Wendell St. is *full*, and the Women's
Center has a few more spaces.  We are adding a *Compact Fluorescent
Lightbulb (CFL) distribution in the Area 4 neighborhood of Cambridge* -
this will cut as much carbon as weatherizing homes!

*Locations*
• CFL barnraising: meet at Margaret Fuller House, 71 Cherry St., Cambridge
• All-women’s event at the Cambridge Women’s Center, weatherization at
64 Wendell St.  Needham and Worcester are organizing simultaneous
weatherization parties

*10 am to 2:30 pm – Work party and lunch

*
*Sign up for the CFL distribution at*
http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dGs4cC0xb2RkUGlHdC13a3p0d1E0T1E6MA..
*
Sign up for The Women's Center barnraising at*
http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dGk4MGo3TVdJZGRnZFplVTNFc01rMUE6MA..
Or sign up by contacting heet.cambridge at gmail.com
<mailto:heet.cambridge at gmail.com> or calling Steve at 617-876-4753.

*International Day of Climate Action*
Join with people in over 100 countries around the world in demonstrating
for action against climate change.  We must bring carbon dioxide levels
back down below 350 parts per million – the level scientists have
identified as the safe upper limit for CO2 in our atmosphere.
At 3:50pm, there will be a rally at Christopher Columbus Park in
downtown Boston and all are encouraged to join.

*Tell the government we must act now.*
*Get hands-on.*
For more info on CO2 and Oct. 24, see www.350.org <http://www.350.org/>

Organized by the Home Energy Efficiency Team (HEET), a Cambridge-based
co-op bringing neighbors together to
weatherize our homes and take the energy future into our own hands.
http://www.heetma.com/

/Compac//t Fluorescent Lightbulbs are being provided by the Cambridge
Energy Alliance
/

<http://cambridgeenergyalliance.org/>

	/Food for the eve//nts donated by Whole Foods Markets/