[act-ma] Mining Resistance in Central America: Thurs 10/22, 7pm

boston cispes boscispes at speakeasy.net
Mon Oct 19 15:19:16 PDT 2009

Committee in Solidarity with the People of El Salvador (CISPES) presentsŠ
Mining Resistance in Central America: A Forum with Grahame Russell

Thurs., Oct. 22 @ 7pm
Encuentro Cinco, 33 Harrison Ave, 5th floor, Boston (Chinatown stop on
Orange Line)

Don¹t miss Grahame Russell of Rights Action¹s Boston stop on his national
tour! Recently returned from Guatemala and Honduras, Grahame speaks on local
resistance to transnational mining corporations and the coup in Honduras.

Join CISPES as we kickoff our Stop the Suits Campaign. Help put the pressure
on Pacific Rim and Commerce Group, two North American mining companies suing
the country of El Salvador for $177 million in ³lost profits² under CAFTA!

Cosponsored by the Salvadoran Initiative for Education and Culture (ISEDUC),
Network in Solidarity with the People of Guatemala (NISGUA), Committee in
Solidarity with the Honduras Resistance, and Jobs with Justice.