[act-ma] This Saturday October 31 Rally to Save Our Homes

Kay Mathew kaymathew at juno.com
Thu Oct 29 10:40:05 PDT 2009

Rally to Save Our Homes
Saturday, October 31, 2009
11:00 AM
Cleary Square
Hyde Park, MA

The Mass Alliance of Hud Tenants and supporters is holding a Save Our Homes Rally in Cleary Square this Saturday October 31, 2009.

Gather at the corner of River Street and Hyde Park Avenue in the park next to the Post Office.

Driving?  Park your car in the lot behind the post office.

Buses to Cleary Square:
#50 and #32 from Forest Hills Station
#33 bus from Georgetowne

Call MAHT and let us know you'll be there!
617.267.2949

Tell neighbors, family, friends, allies!

HELP SAVE OUR HOMES!

Why Come to Cleary Square on Saturday October 31, 2009
11:00 AM?

Join your neighbors, the Mass Alliance of HUD Tenants, other community groups, elected officials, city candidates, friends and supporters to speak out to save at-risk housing.

Nationally more than 360,000 HUD subsidized apartments have been lost due to owner decisions to convert to market rents.

In Hyde Park, High Point Village has been converted to "Stonybrook Commons" and tenants at Georgetowne, Blake Estates and Cummins Towers face displacement and homelessness as current contracts expire due to landlord greed.

LET'S TELL OUR ELECTED OFFICIALS AND CITY CANDIDATES:

Pass the Boston Home Rule Petition to Save Affordable Housing to protect low income tenants in expiring use buildings!

Demand Congress adopt a National Right to Purchase to Save Our Homes.

Ratify the Right to Housing Treaty!

Contact:
MAHT
42 Seaverns Avenue