[act-ma] Please join Veterans For Peace on Veterans Day

Nate Goldshlag nateg at pobox.com
Wed Nov 4 15:29:46 PST 2009

Hi folks,

Sorry if you get this multiple times.  Please join Veterans For Peace
on Veterans Day, Wednesday Nov. 11, as we once again march behind the
street sweepers in the Veterans Day Parade.  The American Legion won't
let us march with our signs and antiwar cadences, although apparently
it is OK for the JROTC kids to have their cadences, which the Legion
says are "proper cadences."  So once again we are in the back, but we
will be loud and we will bring our message to the crowd.  Bring them
home now, and take care of them when they return.

We meet at noon at the corner of Beacon and Charles St.  The parade
kicks off at 1.  At the end, we have gotten a permit for our own
speaking event on City Hall Plaza, since the American Legion has
cancelled theirs.  There will be speakers from Veterans For Peace,
Military Families Speak Out, and hopefully Iraq Veterans Against The
War, and a brass band.

Then in the evening please join us at Johnny D's in Davis Sq.
Somerville for a fundraiser at 7:30 PM.  Donation is $15 and the music
will be the Willie Sordillo Jazz Group, The Swing Cafe, featuring
Billy Novick, and Pat Scanlon and Friends.  The food is very good so
consider making a dinner reservation and join us for the party!

We hope to see all of you there.  Please forward this on far and wide
to email lists.

Peace,
Nate Goldshlag
Smedley Butler Brigade, Veterans For Peace Chapter 9