[act-ma] Upcoming Jamaica Plain Forum Event: Please Publish and Circulate Widely

Elizabeth Wambui lizw at ips-dc.org
Thu Nov 5 12:07:15 PST 2009

Hello,

Songfest, Songs of Thanks and Potluck
Sunday November 15, 2009
6 Eliot Street (Across from the Monument), Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
5:00 PM - 7:00 PM

This year we’re kicking off the holiday season with a songfest!  Join
us for a potluck, followed by songs of gratitude and thanks.
Singing together helps to bring us into community, learn history, and
share a folk-language that can pass through the ages. They give us a
way to build and express community, calm the heart, and share emotions
that defy ordinary conversation.
As we head into the winter darkness, let us join together and light up
from the inside with song.
Come sing your old favorites: folk, pop, traditional and family music,
led by JP’s own Ken Ward. Bring a potluck item to share, and your
voices to join in with the celebration of food!

Please see attached alert. Thank you

Liz Wambui
Institute for Policy Studies-Northeast Office
E-Mail: LizW at Ips-dc.org
Phone: 617-541-0500 Ext. 302
Fax: 617-541-0533
Program on Inequality and Common Good