[act-ma] Community Church of Boston is Honoring Joyce and Mel King!!!

Commchurch.org info at commchurch.org
Wed Nov 11 08:39:43 PST 2009

Dear friends,

The Community Church of Boston is celebrating and honoring Mel and Joyce
King with this years Sacco and Vanzetti Social Justice Award!  We will be
having this celebration on Saturday, November 28th beginning at 3:00pm
followed by a buffet dinner.  There are endless numbers of people who have
words to say on behalf of these two justice seekers.  On this day we will be
joined by Sarah-Ann Shaw, the first African American television reporter in
Boston who has been a long time supporter of racial and gender equity; Kip
Tiernan, long-time organizer in Boston and founder and/or co-founder of
Rosie's Place, Boston Food Bank, the Boston Women's Fund, and Healthcare for
the Homeless, as well as the Poor People's United Fund where she continues
her work today; and we will listen to great music from local artists.

Firstly, we would love for you to join us on this special day and invite
members of your extended community to come as well.  One ticket is $25.00
(though no one will be turned away for lack of funds), name listed as a
sponsor plus one ticket is $35.00, and a brief message to the Kings plus one
ticket is $50.00.  Tickets can be purchased by sending cash or check to the
Community Church of Boston - 565 Boylston Street - Boston, MA 02116 OR you
can go online to www.thecommunitychurchofboston.org and click on the "DONATE
HERE" icon to be directed to our online donation site.  To send in your
message to be printed in the program please email info at commchurch.org no
later than November 23.

This event is also a wonderful opportunity for you to publicize your own
organization as well as celebrate these incredible individuals.  Ads to be
placed in the program book are available in three sizes, 1/8 (2''x3'') page,
1/4 page (3''x4''), 1/2 (4''x6'') page for $25.00, $50.00, and $100.00
respectively.  Please send any ads in digital format to info at commchurch.org
no later than November 23.

In short -

Sacco and Vanzetti Social Justice Award to Joyce and Mel King!!!
Saturday, November 28 at 3:00pm followed by a buffet dinner
Tickets are $25.00 + (no one turned away for lack of funds)
Ad space is available within the program itself for minimal cost
This will be a wonderful day of celebration and true thanksgiving for two
inspiring and brilliant individuals!

Thank you for your consideration.  Please do not hesitate to call if you
have any questions.

In faithful struggle,

Jason Lydon

P.S. Please share this information with others!  There are many who love
these two individuals and we would like to give all an opportunity to
celebrate with us!  Families are encouraged to attend!

--
Jason Lydon
Congregational Director

***The Community Church of Boston is a free community united for the study
and practice of universal religion, seeking to apply ethical ideals to
individual life and democratic and cooperative principles to all forms of
social and economic life.***