[act-ma] Tues mtg (1/13) to build ongoing Gaza support work in Boston - Please publicize
MarilynL at alumni.neu.edu
Fri Jan 9 09:12:05 PST 2009
-- PLEASE PUBLICIZE WIDELY --
BOSTON ORGANIZING MEETING FOR ACTIONS ON GAZA
TUESDAY, JANUARY 13, 7 PM
PALESTINIAN CULTURAL CENTER, 41 QUINT ST., ALLSTON
The killing and the blockade go on. Come to the organizing meeting to get involved in the following activities:
1. Public Protest - local vigils, city-wide actions
2. Lobbying - Emails, phone calls, visits to Congressional offices, oppose Israel support resolutions, promote cease-fire
3. Education - Forums, educational materials, speaking to groups
4. Media - op eds, letters to editors, radio, TV shows, pressure media to cover Palestinian side
5. Fundraising - Raise money for humanitarian relief through benefits, individual contributions, fundraising appeals
6. Outreach - Get support from diverse constituencies, religious institutions, students, unions, community organizations
7. Boycott, divestment, sanctions
Brief updates on recent protests - 10 min.
Suggestions for organizing under each category listed above - 30 min.
Break into working committees according to interest - 40 min.
Report back from working committees - 30 min.
Next steps - 10 min.
crisismiddleeast at yahoo.com gazaonmymindboston at gmail.com boston-stands-with-gaza at googlegroups.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Act-MA