[act-ma] Boston Free Palestine Conference: If your org. wants to table...
tom_arabia at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 23 11:35:38 PDT 2009
Fee for tabling will be $20. Any organization that supports the cause can table. Please contact palestineapril25 at gmail.com or 617-970-2701
BOSTON PALESTINE SOLIDARITY STRATEGY CONFERENCE
Saturday, April 25, UMass Boston
We organized and marched against Israel’s atrocious war on Gaza. Now’s the time to come together and develop strategies to build a sustained movement for solidarity with Palestine in New England. This is a conference for community and student Palestine solidarity activists--experienced and new--to talk about action for solidarity with Palestine.
• Introduction to Zionism
• Why does the US support Israel?
• How to start a new group
• Campus action for divestment from Israel
• History of Palestinian resistance
• Building a community movement for Palestine & more!
• Chuck Turner - Boston City Councilor
• Jess Chilton McConnell - Leading organizer of student occupation at Edinburgh University in Scotland
• Joel Kovel - Jewish professor facing termination from Bard College for anti-Zionist views. Author of Overcoming Zionism
• Assaf Kfoury - Boston University professor, & leader of the US Campaign for the Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel
• Leila Farsakh - assistant professor of political science at the University of Massachusetts Boston
• Layla Cable - Palestinian writer, activist and teacher. Layla is a founder and leader of the Somerville Divestment Project
• Ron Francis - Veteran of the anti-South African apartheid movement and founder of the Somerville Divestment Project
• Omar Baddar - Palestinian scholar, activist, and director of the Palestine Cultural Center for Peace
• Sarah Roche-Mahdi, PhD. - activist in CodePink: Women for Peace, recent participant in CodePink’s peace delegation to Gaza
• Deema Faisal - Palestinian poet, and NEU student
... & more!
Registration -- 9:00am
Opening Plenary -- 10:00am
For more information, check out
or email us at:
palestineapril25 at gmail.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Act-MA