[act-ma] Job Opening: Domestic violence advocate
kore_luke at yahoo.es
Fri Oct 2 13:48:51 PDT 2009
Advocate Housing Programs for Domestic Violence Agency
(25 hours) with possibility of Full-time
The person in this position will be
responsible participant advocacy in the long and short-term housing
Essential Duties and
* Meet with families and individuals to provide case management on a weekly basis. This includes assistance with budgeting, housing, legal and employment issues.
* Conduct screenings and interviews of applicants to housing programs.
* Provide individual advocacy and support for participants on an as needed basis.
* Escorting participants to appointments on an as-needed basis (meeting with DTA, court appointments, etc.).
* Develop familiarity and connections with community and state social service providers that assist victims of domestic violence.
* Responsible enforcement of program rules, conflict resolution and peaceful functioning of the programs.
* Assist with move-in and move-out of participants.
* Record data, write case notes and maintain accurate confidential files.
* Additional duties as assigned by the Director of Housing Programs.
High school Diploma required. College level education preferred. Combined life
and professional experience considered.
to five years human services experience, especially working with individuals/families
who have been affected by Domestic Violence and or homelessness. Knowledge of
issues that affect adults and children who have experienced violence and
chronic trauma. Crisis intervention
applicants strongly encouraged.
applicants should email:
rbarkai at transitionhouse.org with their resume.
868-1651 attention Ronit Barkai
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Act-MA