[act-ma] Want Fewer Scott Browns? Organize the Suburbs! ... and more at Open Media Boston (week of 1/26/10)

Jason Pramas jpramas at igc.org
Wed Jan 27 20:58:59 PST 2010

[please forward widely]

Hi folks! Check out this week's top stories from Open Media Boston. And
be sure to give generously to help save lives in Haiti.

Editorial: If Progressives Don't Want More Scott Browns, Then They Have
to Organize the Suburbs
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/1123

Opinion: Shocker in Massachusetts: How the Republicans Won in the
Country's Biggest Democratic Stronghold
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/1114

Opinion: Alliance to Develop Power Members ask Senator-Elect Scott
Brown: “Will your ‘Big Tent’ Include Us?”
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/1115

Opinion: Class & Party Differences: Which Side of "Mass Ave" Were You On?
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/1111

Opinion: Martin Luther King Day Protesters Focus On Torture And Closing
Guantanamo Prison
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/1110

Tech: Software Update Roundup: Firefox, Transmission & BetterTouchTool
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/1113

More coming in our News section soon ...

Also, check out the OMB Blog where you can check out and comment on the
musings of OMB Editors and friends at http://blog.openmediaboston.org in
a more casual setting.

If you'd like to join OMB on MySpace
(http://www.myspace.com/openmediaboston) and Facebook (organizational
page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Open-Media-Boston/16603698226 and
group http://www.facebook.com/inbox/#/group.php?gid=16418766006).

If you'd like to post an event listing in the Upcoming Events section in
the left-hand menu column of OMB, find out how at
http://www.openmediaboston.org/usersguide#event. Now easier to use. For
registered users only.

If you'd like to subscribe to our RSS Feed (or get email updates of new
articles as they appear), click the following link:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/OpenMediaBoston-ProgressiveNewsViewsAndArtsFromThehubOfTheUniverse

(If you don't know what an RSS Feed is, check out
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rss)

If you'd like to follow our latest stories via the micro-blogging
service Twitter, click the following link:
http://twitter.com/openmediaboston

(If you don't know what micro-blogging is, check out
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro-blogging)

Enjoy,
Jason Pramas Editor/Publisher Open Media Boston www.openmediaboston.org

p.s. - Open Media Boston is a social media news site. As such, we are
only as good as the contributions we get from you, the viewers, from
week to week. We'd like to encourage you all to always feel free to
submit content in any media form anytime. And be sure to comment on
content that's already posted to the site. If you've never posted
content or a comment to OMB before, check out our handy User's Guide at
http://www.openmediaboston.org/usersguide.