[act-ma] Mon Feb 8, Jill Stein, Green Party candidate for Gov.-- Campaign kickoff at State House

Amy Hendrickson amyh at texnology.com
Wed Feb 3 06:56:49 PST 2010

[from Maggie Zhou, Climate activist]

Dear friends,

Our own Jill Stein will be announcing her gubernatorial kick off Monday Feb. 8 at 11am, on the front steps of the State House, near Boston Common.

Jill will be running as a Green-Rainbow Party candidate.

In this 5-way race, Jill stands out as the only candidate who really speaks to the needs of the PEOPLE and the PLANET, instead of corporate interests that fund all the other candidates.  And, because of the similarities amongst the other candidates, they will be splitting votes with each other, leaving Jill with a distinct possibility of winning!  What's more, given that at least 3 of the other candidates are millionaires, one of them an Independent, it will be much harder for the mainstream media to exclude her as a third party candidate in the debates as they did in Jill's 2002 race (after she won the initial debates decisively).

Please join us and give her a fantastic launch!  Jill represents the real hope of Massachusetts.

Please consider bringing friends. We’ll provide the signs.  To help our planning, please RSVP to let me know that you're coming, and how many friends you'll be bringing.  More info see below.

Thank you.

Maggie

--------------------------------

WHAT - Jill Stein gubernatorial campaign - kick-off

WHEN - Mon., Feb. 8, 11 AM
WHERE - State House, Boston, front steps, across from the Robert Gould Shaw monument on Beacon St.

Dear Maggie,

I'm writing to personally ask you to join me Monday, Feb. 8, 11 AM - noon, at the State House steps to kick off our campaign for Governor of Massachusetts. If you've had enough of bailouts, layoffs, sweetheart deals, unaffordable health care, cruel foreclosures, crushing costs of war and foot-dragging on the climate crisis - this is the campaign for you!   Together we can break the stranglehold of lobbyists and insiders, and get Beacon Hill back to work for the ordinary people of the Commonwealth, building the healthy, secure green future we so urgently need.

By standing with us at the State House, you will help us show that the voters of Massachusetts want REAL change on Beacon Hill -  change that can save our jobs, our health care, our communities, and our future .

Please consider bringing friends. We’ll provide the signs. To help our planning, send an RSVP to info at jillstein.org to let us know that you're coming, and how many friends you'll be bringing. You may also receive a call from a campaign staffer in the next few days to see if you can make it.

Hope to see you there!
Upward in 2010,
Jill

PS. If the weather is lousy, please dress accordingly. We'll be there rain or shine for the brighter future WE"RE going to build together. Check our website, jillstein.org, for further announcements.

PPS. DIRECTIONS to the State House can be found at http://www.sec.state.ma.us/trs/trsdir/diridx.htm .  If you're coming by car, parking is normally available in the Boston Common underground garage off Charles Street. See http://www.mccahome.com/bcg_dir_map.html .