[act-ma] Action-Packed DOUBLE EDITION of Open Media Boston (weeks of 2/2/10 & 2/9/10)

Jason Pramas jpramas at igc.org
Wed Feb 10 09:10:03 PST 2010

[please forward widely]

Hi folks! Last week was so busy with important "back to back to back"
extracurricular activities that we decided to release our first ever
double edition of Open Media Boston this week - with articles from a 14
day period. Obviously this regular blast communication from us is just a
reminder of content that we're putting up all the time, but for those of
you who don't check our site without this digital nudge - consider
yourself double nudged. Enjoy!

News: Jill Stein Announces Campaign For Mass. Governor

News: Mass. Undocumented Immigrant Students Continue Fight for In-State
Tuition Bill Despite Conservative Opposition

News: Advocates Push CORI Reform Bill in House After Recent Senate Victory

Editorial: Are Grace Ross and Jill Stein Jumping the Political Gun by
Running in the Mass. Gubernatorial Race?

Editorial: A Note on the Passing of Howard Zinn

Opinion: Authors Robert McChesney and John Nichols On "The Death And
Life Of American Journalism"

Opinion: Community Rallies to Support Outstanding Labor and Community Leader

Arts: Why Aren’t the Media Gaga Over Aventura?

Arts: Review: Bread & Puppet Theater "Tear Open the Door of Heaven"

Tech: Review: Premier Issue of the Journal of New Organizing

OMB Blog Entry by Jason Pramas:

OMB Blog Entry by David Goodman:

Featured Visual by Jason Pramas:

Featured Visual by Jason Pramas:

More coming in our Opinion and News sections soon ...

Also, check out the OMB Blog where you can check out and comment on the
musings of OMB Editors and friends at http://blog.openmediaboston.org in
a more casual setting.

If you'd like to join OMB on MySpace
(http://www.myspace.com/openmediaboston) and Facebook (organizational
page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Open-Media-Boston/16603698226 and
group http://www.facebook.com/inbox/#/group.php?gid=16418766006).

If you'd like to post an event listing in the Upcoming Events section in
the left-hand menu column of OMB, find out how at
http://www.openmediaboston.org/usersguide#event. Now easier to use. For
registered users only.

If you'd like to subscribe to our RSS Feed (or get email updates of new
articles as they appear), click the following link:

(If you don't know what an RSS Feed is, check out

If you'd like to follow our latest stories via the micro-blogging
service Twitter, click the following link:

(If you don't know what micro-blogging is, check out

Jason Pramas Editor/Publisher Open Media Boston www.openmediaboston.org

p.s. - Open Media Boston is a social media news site. As such, we are
only as good as the contributions we get from you, the viewers, from
week to week. We'd like to encourage you all to always feel free to
submit content in any media form anytime. And be sure to comment on
content that's already posted to the site. If you've never posted
content or a comment to OMB before, check out our handy User's Guide at