[act-ma] The People Celebrate Howard Zinn - update & next planning meeting - 2/21

Susie Husted susie_husted at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 15 13:20:13 PST 2010

Help Plan A People's Celebration of Howard Zinn!

NEXT PLANNING MEETING
Sunday, February 21st
12:00-2:00pm
Encuentro5 in the UNITE HERE building
33 Harrison Ave, 5th Floor
Boston, MA 02111

Community members met for a second time to discuss organizing events in celebration of Howard Zinn's life and work on Sunday, February 14th.  Seventeen people attended.

After a round of introductions, we briefly discussed our purpose and process.  This group is open to anyone and everyone has a voice and a vote.  Zinn's family has requested that people celebrate his life and share his work rather than just eulogize.  In particular, we are focused on highlighting his radical ideas, contributions to people's struggles, and hosting events where the public will be welcome.

Announcements to save March 6th as the event date have already gone out over email.  We discussed an outdoor and indoor event, each with a specific program.  Reports on outreach for the programs and a location will be given at the next meeting.

All are welcome to help with the planning!   Spread the word on facebook!http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=296633682865

The People Celebrate Howard Zinn Organizing Committee
(partial list)
Matthew Andrews
Jake Carmen
John Harris