[act-ma] Coming at the Jamaica Plain Forum: Dirt! The Movie

Elizabeth Wambui lizw at ips-dc.org
Tue Mar 2 08:44:52 PST 2010

Hello,

Below is information about our upcoming forum event. Attached is the
Media Release.

When: Friday, March 12 @ 7 PM
Where: First Church in Jamaica Plain Unitarian Universalist, 6 Eliot
Street, Jamaica Plain

It's under our feet and under our fingernails, but what is it? And how
did it get there? Inspired by William Bryant Logan's acclaimed book
Dirt: The Ecstatic Skin of the Earth, find out how industrial farming,
mining and urban development have led us toward cataclysmic droughts,
starvation, floods and climate change. Dirt is a part of everything we
eat, drink and breathe. Which is why we should stop treating it like,
well…dirt.

Thank you

Elizabeth Wambui
Institute for Policy Studies-Northeast Office
Office Manager and Jamaica Plain Forum Coordinator
E-Mail: LizW at Ips-dc.org
Phone: 617-477-8630 Ext.301
Fax: 617-477-8634
Program on Inequality and Common Good