[act-ma] 4/15: "The War on Democracy" - Free UPandOUT film screening, Thurs, April 15

pf soto pfsoto at mynas.com
Mon Apr 12 11:38:25 PDT 2010

Showing Thursday, April 15, in Cambridge:

*The War on Democracy*  is a John Pilger award-winning documentary that
rebukes the United States' intervention in foreign countries' domestic
politics, and its "/War on Terrorism/". It focuses on US intervention in
Latin America.

Pilger interviews several ex-CIA agents who purportedly took part in
secret campaigns against democratic countries and who he claims are
profiting from the war in Iraq. He investigates the /School of the
Americas/ - dubbed the /School of Assassins /- at Fort Benning, Georgia,
where Latin American torture squads were trained.

/"I've heard people say that what happened in Abu Ghraib is an isolated
incident. And I have to just shake my head and say 'are we on the same
planet?  Aren't you aware of our history? Isn't history taught in the
class-room about the role of the US Government and human rights
violations?' /” ~Sister Dianna Ortiz, Roman Catholic nun, horrifically
tortured in Guatemala - by a US citizen.

/"We didn't give a hoot about democracy. I mean it was fine if a
government was elected and would cooperate with us, but uh if it didn't,
democracy didn't mean a thing to us. And I don't think it means a thing
today./" ~Philip Agee, CIA agent 1957-1969

*When/where*

6:40 pm, doors open for refreshments, extras
*7pm, film starts promptly*
243 Broadway, Cambridge - corner of Broadway and Windsor,
entrance on Windsor
http://rule19.org/videos

Please join us for a stimulating night out; bring your friends!
free film, free refreshments, & free door prizes.
[donations are accepted]

"/You can't legislate good will - that comes through education./" ~
Malcolm X

//// *UPandOUT film series - see http://rule19.org/videos

*Why should YOU care? It's YOUR money that pays for US/Israeli wars - on
Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Palestine, So America, etc etc - for
billionaire bailouts, for ever more ubiquitous prisons ...
//