[act-ma] At the JP Forum this week Friday April 16 at 7:00 PM: The Coming Population Crash: Our Planet's Surprising Future

Liz Wambui lizw at ips-dc.org
Mon Apr 12 13:41:10 PDT 2010

Hello,

Below is information regarding this week's program at the JP forum. Attached is a press release of the event. Please circulate widely. Thank you.

The Coming Population Crash: Our Planet's Surprising Future

Speaker: Fred Pearce, author of When the Rivers Run Dry

When: Friday April 16 @ 7 PM
Where: First Church in Jamaica Plain Unitarian Universalist, 6 Eliot Street, Jamaica Plain

Fred Pearce has chronicled the troubling history of efforts to contain the demographic explosion, -- from the early environmental movement's racism and involvement in eugenics, to coercive family-planning policies in China and India. At this forum, he will discuss the environmental, social, and economic effects of our surprising demographic future: a shrinking, graying population; mass migrations; and, just maybe, a wiser world.

Elizabeth Wambui
Institute for Policy Studies-Northeast Office
Office Manager and Jamaica Plain Forum Coordinator
E-Mail: LizW at Ips-dc.org
Program on Inequality and Common Good
www.extremeinequality.org
www.jamaicaplainforum.org