[act-ma] 4/20 Live Web Discussion with the World Conference on Climate Change and the Rights of Mother Earth

Suren Moodliar suren at fairjobs.org
Mon Apr 19 08:11:22 PDT 2010

Connect with Cochabamba, Bolivia & the World Conference on Climate
Change and the Rights of Mother Earth
Tuesday, April 20, 2010, 7:00 p.m. @ encuentro 5
33 Harrison Ave, 5th floor, Boston, MA 02111

Join encuentro 5  along with others meeting in cities across the U.S.
(Chicago, New York, and Seattle confirmed) for a direct A/V
interaction -- via the Internet -- with participants in the Bolivian
conference on climate change. More than 15,000  people are expected to
gather in the small Bolivian town of Cochebamba  from April 19 to 22.
Bolivian President Evo Morales expects the conference to give a voice
to the poorest people of the world and to encourage governments to be
far more ambitious following the failure of the Copenhagen summit.

Through a multi-city live web stream, we will be discussing what's
going on in Cochabamba, the issues being raised, the concerns we have,
questions...whatever we want. We expect that the meeting will begin
with some footage of at least some of the events there. We'll then
begin the conversation. A group of people in Bolivia-- from the U.S.
delegation and as well as other countries-- will then make a short
report about what's going on. We will then begin a conversation about
the ongoing conference among the US-based and Bolivian participants.

We are very excited about our first experience with such an
interactive convergence. We will be able to get a live report and
actually discuss it with participants during the event. Effectively,
it will bring people in this country into the conference.

(Note: this experiment in low cost internet video is organized by May
First/People Link; we tested the system on Sunday, April 18, 2010 and
are satisfied with the quality audio and video signals.)