[act-ma] Today! 100% clean electricity in MA by 2020!

Matt Gabrenya mattgab at brandeis.edu
Tue Apr 20 23:06:23 PDT 2010

Hi all,

Today, on the eve of Earth Day, The Leadership Campaign is holding a demonstration on the Boston Common, demanding legislative action on our bill to bring MA towards 100% clean electricity in 10 years.

Take a look at our policy platform. Our bill, which is stuck in the MA legislature house rules committee, will create a task force to give legislative and regulatory recommendations on how to achieve 100% clean electricity in 10 years. We must then work to get those recommendations implemented.

Earth Day is the one day of the year when media is actually paying attention to climate demonstrations and we have a very good chance of being the largest, most serious, and most powerful demonstration in all of New England. We have the opportunity to capture the attention of the entire country and show what real climate leadership is.

In Massachusetts, we are leading the entire movement. The Energy Action Coalition, THE major coalition of the US climate movement, has recently adopted our goal of 100% clean electricity in 10 years. That's why in Massachusetts we need to succeed. The result of our campaign here will have reverberations across the US and globe.
If you want to support the the movement, I cannot think of a better time or place. I encourage everyone to come to all or part of the demonstration (particularly the rally!)

The agenda is:
	5:30pm- Start, Arrival, Tent Set-up
	6:00 - 7:00pm- Rally
	7:00 - 8:00pm- Dinner
	8:00 - 8:15pm- Discuss Legal Situation
	8:15 - 9:15pm- Games
	9:15 - 11:00pm- Regional Breakouts/Team Breakouts
	7:30am- Wake up
	7:30 - 9am- Clean-up and Breakfast
	9am- Lobbying Training
	10 -11am- Climate Courage Awards