[act-ma] 4/29 - REMINDER: Richard Heinberg to speak in Lexington: Global Warming, End of Oil, Perfect Storm

Adam Sacks adam_artist at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 27 08:18:40 PDT 2010

Global Warming, End of Oil,
Perfect Storm

Richard Heinberg to Speak in
Lexington
April 29, 2010, 7:30 p.m.
Cary Hall, 1605 Massachusetts
Avenue, Lexington

Richard Heinberg, Senior Fellow at
the Post-Carbon Institute and leading peak oil educator, will discuss how the
rapid depletion of fossil fuels and accelerating global climate disruption are
creating unprecedented challenges for global society in the twenty-first
century.

An engaging and inspiring
speaker,  Heinberg is also the author of nine books including :  Blackout: Coal, Climate, and the Last Energy Crisis(2009), Peak Everything: Waking Up to the Century of Declines (2007), The Oil Depletion
Protocol: A Plan to Avert Oil Wars, Terrorism & Economic Collapse(2006), Powerdown: Options & Actions for a Post-Carbon World(2004), and The Party's Over: Oil, War & the Fate of
Industrial Societies(2003)

Since 2002, he has given over three hundred lectures
on oil depletion to a wide variety of audiences—from insurance executives to
peace activists, from local and national elected officials to Jesuit
volunteers.

All
are welcome.  $5 donation
requested.  For further information,
visit www.lexgwac.org, contact info at lexgwac.org, or call 781-674-2339. ===========================

Please note that I do not check my e-mail every day.  If you need to contact me more quickly, please call 781-674-2339