[act-ma] 5/15 George Mann in Concert (Sun)

Bill Bumpus wbumpus62 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 27 10:35:40 PDT 2010

A CD Release Concert for "Until You Come Home" and A Benefit for the
Utah Phillips "Long Memory Project"

George Mann
Saturday, May 15 @ 7:30 PM
The Lucy Parsons Center
549 Columbus Avenue in the South End

Suggested Admission $5-$12, no one turned away for lack of funds!

George Mann is a New York City-based folksinger who sings songs from the
last century of labor and social activism, and his own songs are
powerful and funny takes on the state of the nation.  He also writes
songs of hope, healing, struggle and triumph, and for years he recorded
and performed with Julius Margolin, who was 93 when he died last August.

His new CD, "Until You Come Home," features such folk legends as Tom
Paxton, Utah Phillips, Holly Near, Magpie, John Gorka and many more
artists singing songs about the experiences of war and of returning
home.  Inspired by the book "Voices of Vets," George produced this new
CD to help welcome home our returning service members and recognize the
sacrifices they and their families have made for our country.  He is
also releasing his new CD, "Songs for Jules and Bruce," in May.

George and the IWW will present the proceeds from this concert to the
"Long Memory Project" in honor of Utah Phillips, singer, storyteller and
Wobbly.

Phone: (617) 469-5162 for more info

On the Web:
www.georgemann.org

Online Purchase:
http://shop.georgeandjulius.com

This concert is sponsored by the Boston Branch of the Industrial Workers
of the World