[act-ma] 5/4 Tuesday 6:30pm Critical Perspectives on Haitian Redevelopment and Advocacy

Lindsay Schubiner lschubiner at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 11:25:49 PDT 2010

*Tèt Ansanm! (Heads Together): Boston Solidarity for Haiti*

1. Critical Perspectives on Haitian Redevelopment and Advocacy: Tuesday, May
4 at 6:30 pm at the Harvard School of Public Health, 677 Huntington Ave,
Boston, MA.

Join other Boston-area students & residents for video screenings and the
news that doesn't make it to the mainstream -- and discuss how we can
advocate for human rights and Haitian self-determination.

We've been asking..."what can we do from Boston?"  The answer is: "a lot!"
Our advocacy matters.  Why are Haitian voices not being heard in development
efforts?  Why is food aid composed of American, not Haitian rice?  Why,
three months out, are many camps still without services?  Find out, and
channel these joint voices along with others.  It all starts with next
week's meeting!

2. Networking: For updates on Haiti-related efforts, or to get more
involved, add your contact to a running list of Boston-area folk:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ako-rP4Wu-aadEkzQnNYLUo0dURTQ2dwWlJJQW9pY3c&hl=en

Next week's meeting will also include info on organizations looking for
volunteers and interns!

Hope to see you next week!!  Feel free to get in touch: lschubiner at gmail.com;
248-765-0412.

In solidarity,