[act-ma] 5/20: "the Corporation" - Free UPandOUT film screening, Thurs, May 20

pf soto pfsoto at mynas.com
Tue May 18 11:03:52 PDT 2010

Showing Thursday, May 20, in Cambridge:

**

*The Corporation* explores the nature and spectacular rise of the
dominant institution of our time. Taking its status as a legal "person"
to the logical conclusion, the film puts the corporation on the
psychiatrist's couch to ask "What kind of person is it?" The Corporation
includes interviews with 40 corporate insiders and critics - including
Noam Chomsky, Naomi Klein, Milton Friedman, Howard Zinn, Vandana Shiva
and Michael Moore - plus true confessions, case studies and strategies
for change.

Provoking, witty, stylish and sweepingly informative

Winner of 25 INTERNATIONAL AWARDS including 10 AUDIENCE CHOICE AWARDS

/"Again and again we have the problem that whether you obey the law or
not is a matter of is it cost effective. If the chance of getting caught
and the penalty are less than it costs to comply, people think of it as
being just a business decision."
/

/"I set up front companies that are executive recruiting firms.
Essentially I'm a spy. ...I don't feel any guilt; you have to expect
that guys like me are out there. We're predators." ~/Marc Barry,
Competitive Intelligence Professional

"/*Overwhelming, overweening corporate power is running roughshod over
the workaday people of the country. They think they're the top dogs, and
we're a bunch of fire hydrants. … We need a lot more agitation. That's
the only thing that succeeds in changing politics in America.*”/ ~Jim
Hightower, publisher Hightower Lowdown <http://www.hightowerlowdown.org/>

*SPECIAL*: A guest speaker from Boston *CISPES* will talk after the film
about the MESA campaign in El Salvador against Pacific Rim gold mining

(DVDs will be available)

//

*When/where*

6:40 pm, doors open for refreshments, extras
*7pm, film starts promptly*
243 Broadway, Cambridge - corner of Broadway and Windsor,
entrance on Windsor
http://rule19.org/videos

Please join us for a stimulating night out; bring your friends!
free film, free refreshments, & free door prizes.
[donations are accepted]

"/You can't legislate good will - that comes through education./" ~
Malcolm X

//// *UPandOUT film series - see http://rule19.org/videos

*Why should YOU care? It's YOUR money that pays for US/Israeli wars - on
Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Palestine, So America, etc etc - for
billionaire bailouts, for ever more ubiquitous prisons ...
//