[act-ma] Fwd: Potluck Fundraiser BrainStorm; Next Cambridge Barnraising; Green Job; US CO2 output info;

Home Energy Efficiency Team heet.cambridge at gmail.com
Sun May 23 19:46:44 PDT 2010

* Please post to your lists.  Thank you.
*

*
*

*Weatherization Barnraising at the Democracy Center *

Right in Harvard Square

45 Mt. Auburn St.

(Leakiest site we've every seen! Over 18,000 cubic feet per minute as
measured by the blower door.)*
 *

* Sunday, Jun 13th, 12:30—5:00 pm (attic airsealing at 9am) *

   - Our band, the "Band Joists" will play again
   - Learn new skills in lowering energy bills
   - Meet new people in a non-socially awkward setting cause you're all
   holding hammers and busy working
   - Help the Democracy Center, a nonprofit that houses half the
   environmental/social justice organizations on the east coast
   - See an attic without a speck of insulation!

 Learn how to:

   - Fix broken sash cords and latches
   - Repoint mortar
   - Repair drywall
     - Fix broken basement window panes in 3 minutes each
    - Airsealing the attic with a professional
   - Secrets to saving on water bills

A five minute walk from the Harvard Square T stop, parking is very limited.*
*The sign-up form.<https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dFg4SjFMR0k3c3pmQ1ozbzdSejVYcmc6MQ>
Be sure to select attic airsealing, if that's what you'd like to do.  It
will be a serious effort, we'd love to get people interested in efficiency
retrofits as a possible career choice to help on this.*

You can also sign-up ahead for time for the June 26 Barnraising at the
Cambridge YWCA Family Shelter.*

We're going to take another crack at it.  It's at 3 Bigelow St., to the left
of Cambridge City Hall.  The introduction starts around 12:30, so check in
before that.  We'll work until 4, then have some food.  Parking is very
limited (and not available for people without a Cambridge sticker on a
Saturday), so please find alternate transportation.  The subway redline
stops at Central Square, three blocks East.  There will also be a separate
attic airsealing effort here, only this one will be a week ahead of time, on
the 19th.  When you sign up
here<https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dDBBdVFoZFVIb180QnI3a1ptQnlrbFE6MQ>,
again you can select attic airsealing, if that's job (and date) you'd like
to take part in.

The Home Energy Efficiency Team (HEET) is a Cambridge-based
    co-op bringing neighbors together to weatherize our homes
            and take the energy future into our own hands.
                           http://www.heetma.com/