[act-ma] May 27: International Day of Action Against Mining and Free Trade in El Salvador

boston cispes boscispes at speakeasy.net
Mon May 24 17:26:45 PDT 2010

MAY 27: INTERNATIONAL DAY OF ACTION AGAINST MINING AND FREE TRADE IN EL
SALAVADOR!

Join Boston CISPES and Cambridge-El Salvador Sister Cities outside the
Canadian consulate to support our delegation of youth and social sector
leaders! Our demand? That Vancouver-based Pacific Rim Mining Corporation
drop its lawsuit against El Salvador and that Canada cease negotiations for
its own free trade agreement with Central America.

Following the culmination of the Jobs with Justice 5-day march to support
striking Shaw's workers, at the Prudential Shaw's at 4pm. Strike two blows
at corporate greed in one day!

WHERE: 3 Copley Place, Boston (corner of Stuart and Dartmouth St, Copley or
Back Bay T Stop)

WHEN: delegation at 4pm / rally, speakers, street theater from 4:30-6pm

WHO: Youth, local politicians, Salvadoran-Americans, immigration activists,
faith leaders, labor unionists, and YOU!