[act-ma] Next HEET barn-raising June 26

Steve Wineman swineman at gis.net
Wed Jun 16 19:12:19 PDT 2010

*Weatherization Barnraising*

*/Saturday, June 26th/*
*/12:30—5:00 p.m./*

*/Cambridge YWCA Emergency Family Shelter/*
*/3 Bigelow Street, Cambridge/*

    * Pitch in to help 10 homeless families who live at the shelter
    * Lower vast energy bills for the shelter so it can help the
      families more
    * Learn skills that can save you $$ at home
    * Fight climate change
    * Share food & celebrate after a job well done
    * No skills necessary – training on the job!!

*
Work includes:*

• An easy and cheap way to fix old vinyl replacement windows so they
easily close again
• Air-sealing an incredibly leaky attic
• Using caulk and sprayfoam to stop air leaks
• Saving water and electricity
• Installing programmable thermostats
• Masonry, plastering, and more

There will be a separate event to do the attic air sealing on June 19
from 9-1.  Select that if you want to participate on the sign-up form,
or mention in specifically if you sign up by Email of phone.

Sign up today by web, email or phone!!

*www.heetma.com
<https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dHJHazZYVEdnTmZYMHNJbEVzRWt1YkE6MA>*
heet.cambridge at gmail.com <mailto:heet.cambridge at gmail.com>
*617-491-6761*

Organized by HEET (Home Energy Efficiency Team), a Cambridge-based
co-op that brings neighbors together to weatherize our homes
and take the energy future into our own hands.
Co-sponsored by Cambridge Energy Alliance