[act-ma] 7/14 Student Immigrant Movement going to DREAM University in DC Press Conference 1 PM(Wed)

Lily Huang lily.yimche.huang at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 12:09:42 PDT 2010

*DREAM University*

Every year 65,000 undocumented students graduate high school. There are as
many as 2.1 million DREAM Act eligible students, DREAMers. We need school,
we need an education. If they are not going to let us be educated, we will
do it on our own.

Our plan is to build our own DREAM University in DC, a school open 24 hours
a day, 7 days a week, open to ALL. We are all accepted, we will all be
educated.

The press conference to announce will be on:

*Wednesday July 14th, 2010 at 1:00PM
                At the Massachusetts State House*

Dear Dreamer,

Congratulations! You have been accepted into Dream University!

This June thousands of Dreamers across the country again walked across the
stage with every desire to continue their education, yet as the heads turn
down and dismay begins to creep in, the leaders of the United We Dream
Network SOUND A SCHOOL BELL IN THE DISTANCE!

Opening the doors to a new opportunity-an opportunity to be the inaugural
class of the first ever university FOR ALL WHO SEEK THE DREAM OF GOING TO
COLLEGE but are denied based on status; a university founded on the mission
that passing the DREAM Act this year is no longer an option, but a MANDATE,
by a generation; a university founded on the principle that expanding the
right to higher education to ALL in this country regardless of nation,
creed, or status, is long overdue.

On July 14, 2010, the gates to higher education will be opened wide, as all
those Dreams deferred are accepted and cordially invited to Washington DC to
be the inaugural class of DREAM University.

You can come anytime that you wish from the moment we open our doors to
higher education.

The time has come to unify our voices and demand that the DREAM Act passes
this year; we must inaugurate DREAM University with full force on July 14th,
2010 and show our determination and our courage!
JOIN the Student Immigrant Movement on our mass delegation!!!

Cost: $20, scholarships available.

The bus will leave Boston on Wednesday, July 21st at 9:00pm And will return
to Boston on Saturday, July 24th at 6:00am

We will send more information about the event in Washington DC once you
confirm that you are attending. For more information, you may contact Renata
Teodoro at 774-240-5647 or Lily Huang at 857-204-5550

Even if you cannot join us in DC, you can help by donating at
www.simforus.com/donate or calling Renata Teodoro at 774-240-5647.