[act-ma] Live streaming parts of the 2010 Veterans For Peace convention

Nate Goldshlag nateg at pobox.com
Thu Aug 12 12:29:56 PDT 2010

Hi folks,

We are excited to be able to stream parts of the 2010 Veterans For Peace Convention on the web.  The following is the schedule of events we will be streaming.  All times are Eastern Daylight Time.

Thursday 8/26
Opening Ceremony 10 am New Hampshire Room

Workshops:
Palestinian Occupation and the Gaza Occupation: Multiple Perspectives  1:15 pm Massachusetts Room
Organizing for VFP's Second 25 years  Thurs. 3 pm Oxford Room

********************

Friday 8/27
Plenary 1 10:30 am New Hampshire Room
Strengthening Our Movement, Linking War and the Economic Crisis At Home with Mary Beth Sullivan, Sarah Bigney, Jo Comerford, Gary Higginbottom, and Jose Vasquez

Workshop:
Experimental Presentations Of Non-Invasive PTSD Treatments 1:15 pm Lincoln Room

********************

Saturday 8/28
Banquet 8 pm   Vermont Room  Keynote speakers are Ann Wright and Chris Hedges, music by Noel Paul Stookey

********************

To view the video stream, please go to http://www.vfpnationalconvention.org/livestream.htm which will contain the entire schedule and the embedded video.  If instead you go to
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/vfp-national-convention-2010 then you will be able to register and chat with other viewers.  Either one will work.  All sessions will be archived for future viewing.

You should have an updated version of Flash to see the video stream - the convention link above has directions on how to get that.  The biggest reasons for people having a problem with the video stream will be a slow internet connection or an outdated Flash plugin.

Please forward this on widely to your chapter email lists, other relevant email lists, and friends.

If you cannot make it to the convention we hope to see you online on August 26.  I will send a few reminders about this in the next few weeks.

Peace,
Nate
---

Nate Goldshlag      nateg at pobox.com (replace at with @)