[act-ma] 9/11 - Jobs, Peace, Justice - 10.2.10 DC; Anti-Muslim Agitation; at UJP Strategy Conference

UJP: United for Justice with Peace ujpcoalition at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 17:33:13 PDT 2010

Jobs, Peace, Justice - 10.2.10 DC; Anti-Muslim Agitation; at UJP Strategy
Conference

*When:* Saturday, September 11, 2010, 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm
*Where:* Cambridge Friends Meeting Center • 5 Longfellow Park • off Brattle
St. near Harvard Sq T • Cambridge
[image: Jose Perez]*Jose Perez*[image: Juan Cofield]*Juan Cofield*

*Time change!  Conference starts at noon.  Potluck Lunch!*

Marking the anniversary of 9/11, the conference will hear a presentation by
an invited speaker from the Roxbury Mosque on the controversy over the
Islamic Center in Manhattan and anti-Muslim agitation in New York and
Boston.

The conference will discuss the economic crisis and the One Nation Working
Together <http://onenationworkingtogether.org/> mobilization which will
rally progressive movements in Washington, DC on October 2.

Juan Cofield, President of NAACP <http://www.naacp.org/>'s New England Area
Conference, will address the conference, as will Jose Perez, Massachusetts
organizer of One Nation and an organizer for SEIU Health Care Workers
1199<http://1199seiu.org/members/regions/mass/index.cfm>.
  Cofield and Perez will explain the importance of a united mobilization at
this time, describe the organizing being done in Massachusetts, and talk
about how peace activists can get involved.

The US military consumes over 50% of our national budget. With more than 700
bases girdling the globe, the U.S. foreign policy of endless war has wreaked
havoc on people around the world as we see today in the ongoing occupations
of Iraq and Afghanistan and U.S. support for  the occupation of Palestine.
To maintain a nuclear umbrella of intimidation, war makers continue to build
new generations of expensive weapons that risk nuclear annihilation. Chronic
war or threat of war ensures that ruling elites benefit while ensuring that
succeeding generations of the world's people are impoverished. We must stop
this madness!

*The peace and anti-war movements cannot stop it alone. UJP is working with
labor, civil rights, immigrant rights and other groups to take action to
build a peoples' movement.* The NAACP, SEIU 1199, Green for All, National
Council of La Raza, US Student Association, and the Center for Community
Change have called on the progressive movement to unite and join them on
October 2 in Washington DC.   In Boston, SEIU 1199, Jobs with Justice, and
NAACP are in the forefront.

[image: One Nation Working Together]

*United for Justice with Peace calls on all peace-loving people to come to
DC on 10.2.10.  *We will send a visible and strong message to the Obama
Administration that it is time to deliver on their promises to end war and
rebuild our country!  Working with peace groups across the
U.S.<http://onenationforpeace.org/>
 convened by UFPJ, our Peace Contingent will raise the demand for "Jobs,
Peace, Justice" and our signs will say "Fund Jobs, Not War", "Cut the
Military Budget, Invest in America", and "Stop the Wars in Afghanistan and
Iraq".   Join our strategy meeting as we reclaim September 11 from the
hate-mongers and warmongers and plan a united progressive action on 10.2.10
and beyond.

The conference will also hear and discuss work reports from the
Administrative, Afghanistan/Pakistan, Palestine, Nuclear Abolition and Fund
our Communities/Cut the Military Budget 25% Task Forces.
<http://justicewithpeace.org/>

United for Justice with Peace <http://justicewithpeace.org/> is a coalition
of peace and justice organizations and community peace groups in the Greater
Boston region. The UJP Coalition, formed after September 11th, seeks global
peace through social and economic justice.

*Help us continue to do this critical work! Make a donation to UJP
today.<http://justicewithpeace.org/donate>
*

ujpcoalition at gmail.com
617-383-4UJP *(NEW!)*www.justicewithpeace.org

--
United for Justice with Peace
www.justicewithpeace.org

United for Justice with Peace is a coalition of peace and justice