[act-ma] 9/9: Solidarity Activism meeting for Haiti! (Thursday)

Deepa Panchang dpanchang at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 10:34:41 PDT 2010

 *
September 9:

ABA LOKIPASYON! Solidarity in Action for Haiti: what can we do?*

*
*

·      A former US president is leading a sovereign country’s reconstruction
process

·      No effective mechanism for the UN system to hear the voices of 1.7
million internally displaced people

·      8 months later and with billions of dollars pledged, the majority of
a city still lives under plastic

*STAND UP AND SUPPORT SELF-DETERMINATION FOR THE HAITIAN PEOPLE*

****

Guest visitors: Brian Concannon (Institute for Justice & Democracy in
Haiti), Mark Snyder (International Action Ties)

* ***

*Thursday, September 9 at 6 pm, FXB Center G-13 (basement), Harvard School
of Public Health:  *Come hear insights and experiences from activists on the
ground and in Boston.  Discuss with others how we can play a role in
promoting sovereignty and human rights for the Haitian people. Join an
international solidarity movement to support Haitians in fighting
exploitation and directing their own reconstruction process.

Harvard School of Public Health FXB Center: 651 Huntington Drive, Boston, MA
02115 in Longwood

**

*Contact Deepa: dpanchang at gmail.com; 832-875-7539 for more information***

*Aba Lokipasyon: Haitian Kreyol for “down with the occupation”*

**