[act-ma] Special Guest: Annie Leonard, The Story of Stuff and our Garbage Dilemma on Friday October 22 at the JP Forum

Liz Wambui lizw at ips-dc.org
Wed Oct 13 13:43:00 PDT 2010

Guess who's coming to Boston!! Annie Leonard at the Jamaica Plain Forum, in her only Boston appearance!!

When: Friday October 22 @ 7:00 PM
Where: First Church in Jamaica Plain Unitarian Universalist, 6 Eliot Street, Jamaica Plain
Speaker: Annie Leonard

Society’s consumption of the earth’s resources are at an all time high. Globally renowned filmmaker and author of “The Story of Stuff,” Annie Leonard will join us for her insights on creating a more sustainable and just world.

About Annie Leonard:

Annie Leonard is the author and host of our very own The Story of Stuff. She is author of The Story of Stuff, the book, published by Free Press of Simon and Schuster on March 9, 2010. Annie has spent nearly two decades investigating and organizing on environmental health and justice issues. She has traveled to 40 countries, visiting literally hundreds of factories where our stuff is made and dumps where our stuff is dumped. Witnessing first hand the horrendous impacts of both over- and under- consumption around the world, Annie is fiercely dedicated to reclaiming and transforming our industrial and economic systems so they serve, rather than undermine, ecological sustainability and social equity.

For more information, please visit www.jamaicaplainforum.org

Elizabeth Wambui
Institute for Policy Studies-Northeast Office
Office Manager and Jamaica Plain Forum Coordinator
E-Mail: LizW at Ips-dc.org
Program on Inequality and Common Good
www.extremeinequality.org
www.jamaicaplainforum.org