[act-ma] ACE is hiring a Community Organizer!

E. B. Benson ebb02476 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 16 06:45:58 PDT 2010

Download the job announcement and how to apply:

Community Organizer
http://www.ace-ej.org/files/Community%20Organizer%2010-10.pdfAlternatives for
Community & Environment (ACE) seeks a full time Community Organizer. ACE is a
non-profit
environmental justice organization based in Roxbury, MA. ACE builds the power of
lower income communities and
communities of color in New England to eradicate environmental racism and
classism and achieve environmental justice. We believe that everyone has the
right to a healthy environment and to be decision-makers in issues affecting our
communities. ACE organizes residents to identify and coordinate campaigns around
critical environmental justice issues.

Our current work includes developing youth leadership in Roxbury, providing
legal and technical assistance to community groups, organizing T riders for
improved and equitable transit service, green economy and anti-gentrification
work. Our office is vibrant, fun and family-friendly, and our staff is a diverse
range of ages, genders, backgrounds and experiences.

The Community Organizer will outreach to and organize residents in ACE’s primary
constituency through the Dudley Square Organizing Project (DSOP) specifically to
build a strong base of leaders in our home neighborhood of Roxbury.