[act-ma] 10/21: "Blind Spot" [Banned by Shell Oil] - Free UPandOUT film screening, Thurs, Oct 21

pf soto pfsoto at mynas.com
Mon Oct 18 07:36:06 PDT 2010

  Showing Thursday, Oct 21st, in Cambridge:

*Banned by Shell Oil*
*
Blind Spot *challenges fundamental assumptions -- in particular, the
unquestioned assumption that growth is good, that "expansion is
tantamount to progress."

Peak oil; climate change; population overshoot ... the problems are
getting worse, and have potentially catastrophic consequences for the
entire human species.

"/Blind Spot is a fascinating documentary, it draws on some of the most
impressive scientific minds to warn us about the dangers of our
dependence on oil and educate us about our role in saving the earth and
the lives of our children. I was transfixed by it./"  ~Howard Zinn

"/The next few decades aren't going to look like the last few - not at
all. And the sooner we come to terms with that, the better. This
documentary is a good place to start./" ~ -Bill McKibben, author of
/'The End of Nature'/

"/The world is saying look you have a choice, you can either fix it or I
can fix it, and if I fix it you are not going to like it because I'm
going to throw everything away. And everything means most of us./"
-Derrick Jensen, author of 'ENDGAME'

(DVDs will be available for purchase)

*When/where*
6:40 pm, doors open for refreshments, extras
*7pm, film starts promptly*
243 Broadway, Cambridge - corner of Broadway and Windsor,
entrance on Windsor
*rule19.org/videos <http://rule19.org/videos/>*

Please join us for a stimulating night out; bring your friends!
free film, free refreshments, & free door prizes.
[donations are accepted]

"/You can't legislate good will - that comes through education./" ~
Malcolm X

*UPandOUT film series - see rule19.org/videos <http://rule19.org/videos/>*

Why should YOU care? It's YOUR money that pays for US/Israeli wars - on
Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Palestine, So America, etc etc - for
billionaire bailouts, for ever more ubiquitous US prisons, for the loss
of liberty and civil rights...

--
/"When they come for the innocent without crossing over your body,
cursed be your religion and your life/." ~Brendan Walsh, a planner for

"/The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted
30 years of his life./" ~Muhammad Ali (also see Robert Louis Stevenson)

"/If God does exist, I don't think he's vengeful; I just think he's an
underachiever./" ~Woody Allen

pf soto
rule19.org <http://rule19.org>
UPandOUT.org <http://upandout.org>