[act-ma] [UJP Activist] UFPJ Post-election Discussion

United for Justice with Peace ujpcoalition at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 08:46:48 PST 2010

UJP Activist: UFPJ Post-election Discussion

UFPJ POST-ELECTION DISCUSSION

When:  Wednesday, November 10, 2010 - 8:30-9:30 PM EST

What:   UFPJ Post-election Discussion

Where: Conference Call Call in number 1-218-339-0237 passcode: 111010

Who:    Perspectives from Steve Cobble, Progressive Political Strategist

Now that the midterm election is over and we know the outcomes for most races,
it's time to look more closely at what happened and what we can expect in the
coming months and year. Join Steve Cobble, trusted political strategist for the
left, as he navigates us through the results of the mid-term elections, current
political culture and how progressive issues may/may not move forward. This will
be followed by a discussion of how the movement can effectively engage in the
new political context.

About Steve:

Steve Cobble is currently a Fellow at the Institute of Policy Studies, focused
on antiwar work, voting rights, and Third World debt. He is a founding member of
Progressive Democrats of America, and a co-founder of AfterDowningStreet.org, a
leading impeachment web site. Steve has worked in progressive electoral politics
since being elected a McGovern delegate at age 20, and has had the good fortune
to:

*help Reverend Jackson with his 1996 DNC speech, serve as the National Rainbow
Coalition's political director, and work on the Jackson '88 campaign.

*train African National Congress organizers in GOTV in 1991.

*help elect a Latino Governor in New Mexico (Toney Anaya), an African-American
DNC Chair (Ron Brown), and a woman African-American Senator in Illinois (Carole
Moseley-Braun).

*rally with Lula da Silva and Jesse Jackson in a stadium in Sao Paulo, amidst a
sea of waving flags, in 2002; and stand with Jackson and Tim Robbins on the
stage in Hyde Park, London, in front of more than a million people marching to
stop Bush's war.

We hope to hear you on the call this Wednesday!

Sponsored by United for Peace and Justice [1]

P.S. Please remember to fill out the UFPJ member group survey [2]. We need to
hear from you as we continue to streamline and improve our website and
communications systems.

		 [3]

United for Justice with Peace [4] is a coalition of peace and justice
organizations and community peace groups in the Greater Boston region. The UJP
Coalition, formed after September 11th, seeks global peace through social and
economic justice.

Help us continue to do this critical work!   Make a donation to UJP today. [5]

Please forward this message widely

ujpcoalition at gmail.com [6]

            617-383-4UJP (NEW!)

            		www.justicewithpeace.org [7]

Upcoming Events:

		UFPJ Post-election Discussion [8]

		Wed Nov 10

		8:30pm

		Conference Call

		Veterans Day for Peace [9]

		Thu Nov 11

		11:30am

		Boston

		Andrew Bacevich: Civil-Military Relations [10]

		Thu Nov 11

		3:00pm

		Cambridge Friends Center

		Cambridge

		Benefit Concert: Dean Stevens and Friends [11]

		Fri Nov 12

		7:30pm

		North Parish Unitarian Universalist Church

		North Andover

		'My Name is Rachel Corrie' and 'Seven Jewish Children' [12]

		Sun Nov 14

		3:00pm

		Boston University

		Boston

		Kathy Kelly [13]

		Mon Nov 15

		3:00pm

		Simmons College

		Boston

		Where do we go from here? A Post-Election Forum [14]

		Mon Nov 15

		7:00pm

		Encuentro 5

		Boston

		Remember Fallujah [15]

		Tue Nov 16

		7:00pm

		Boston University

		Boston

More Peace and Justice Events [16].    How to Submit Events [17]

[1] http://unitedforpeace.org
[2]
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dHRBZ0gycFpPTDcxU1A2ZWVZZXlaVkE6MQ
[3] http://justicewithpeace.org