[act-ma] 11/20 This Saturday: "Who Said We are Afraid" Honduras Documentary (Chelsea)

Suren Moodliar suren at fairjobs.org
Thu Nov 18 04:34:33 PST 2010

Friends,

Following up on our recent events on Latin America (including the
exciting presentations on Social Movements, Colombia, Climate Change
Talks), MGA is pleased to endorse an event organized by Proyecto
Hondureño this Saturday, November 20, 2010, that calls attention to
the ongoing resistance in that country:

Quien Dijo Miedo/Who Said We are Afraid: Honduras under Coup d' Etat Documentary
6:00 P.M
Centro Latino-267 Broadway - Chelsea, MA
http://bit.ly/aPxi2C

Background: On June 28, 2009, the Honduran military carried out a coup
against President Manuel Zelaya that continues to this day. President
Zelaya had undertaken measures for the Honduran people, such as
increasing the minimum wage by 60%, opposing the privatization of
water and electricity, making it easier for farmers to obtain land
titles, and supporting the writing of a new constitution by a
constituent assembly. The coup was condemned by almost all the nations
of the world.

Sponsored by:
For more information, please contact: Tel. (617) 401-5208 or (617) 610-3784
Email: proyectohondureno at gmail.com

Endorsed by: Centro Presente-Chelsea United Against The War-CORES-
FMLN MA-SEDUC-Mass. Global Action- May 1st Committee