[act-ma] 3/26 - Community Anti-War Workshop: $$ For Schools, Not War!!
chrislgonsalves at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 11:17:08 PDT 2010
ANSWER Coalition Boston
Act Now to Stop War and End Racism
Subscribe to email updates from ANSWER:
Tell a friend about this:
Community Anti-war Workshop
>From the wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine, Haiti, and elsewhere, to racist police brutality, school cutbacks, home foreclosures and more right here at home poor and working people everywhere are under attack.
Fri., March 26th - 7:00 PM
UNITE HERE Building
33 Harrison Ave., 5th Flr.
MBTA: Orange and Silver lines to Chinatown, Red line to Park St., Green line to Boylston St.
Driving: Click here for a map:
Parking: Several private garages in the area and very limited street parking available.
Join us for an interactive workshop on anti-war organizing featuring:
* A report back, photos and video from the March 20th National March on
Washington.Some 10,000 high school and college students, veterans, active-duty soldiers, military families, unionists and many others took to the streets of D.C. in protest, demanding an immediate end to the wars and money for people, not profits.
* A short presentation & discussion on the little talked about U.S.-led wars in Somalia and elsewhere.
* Group discussion on how we can continue to build and strengthen the anti-war movement locally and nationally, by bringing together all the many issues facing poor and working people.
* An update on "Capitalism is Organized Crime!" a New England regional conference on socialism, hosted by the PSL (a member group of the A.N.S.W.E.R. Coalition)
* ...and more!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Fund Boston Public Schools!
No Budget Cuts! No Privatization!
March and Rally at the Boston School Committee
Wednesday, March 24th - 5:00 PM
BSC Budget Hearing is at 26 Court St. at 6:00 PM
Organized by the Coalition for Equal, Quality Education (CEQE)
The Boston School Committee is proposing system-wide cuts to cover a $33 million dollar budget gap. From turning down the heat in schools to eliminating bus transportation, the BSC is considering serious cuts to our public schools.
Join teachers, students, parents, bus drivers, and everyone in the community
to demand full funding for Boston pubic schools, no budget cuts, and for equal, quality education for all our youth.
boston at answercoalition.org
Boston office: 857-334-5084
Click here to unsubscribe from the ANSWER e-mail list.
If you have a problem unsubscribing, email boston at answercoalition.org
with "Unsubscribe" as your subject line.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Act-MA