[act-ma] [UJP Activist] UJP Task Force to Oppose FBI raids Meeting on January 11

United for Justice with Peace ujpcoalition at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 17:31:26 PST 2011

UJP Activist: UJP Task Force to Oppose FBI raids Meeting on January 11

UJP TASK FORCE TO OPPOSE FBI RAIDS MEETING ON JANUARY 11

 Hello UJP activist,

The first meeting of the UJP task force opposing the FBI raids in  Minneapolis
and Chicago, and other government repressions, will meet at 6:30PM on Tuesday,
 Jan. 11, at 689 Mass. Ave. in Central Square Cambridge. The agenda is  open to
suggestion but will include

  * Jan. 25 Stop the FBI rally at the JFK  building concerning the activists
ordered to appear before a Grand Jury

      * an  update on what is happening with the other movement activists facing
subpoenas

      * other cases both local and Wikileaks,

      * and knowing our rights.

Further actions  or programs could be discussed.  There also is a citywide
group forming and  we'll discuss that. (See article Boston Activists Meet to
Stop FBI Raids [1])

Why is this new UJP Task Force important?    The Supreme Court in June
decided that "material support" for terrorist organizations can sometimes
include activities normally considered educational, journalistic or
humanitarian.  In short, what we do.  Some think the FBI is testing the waters
 to see how far they can go in pushing enforcement to shut down dissent.   We
need to mobilize exposure and resistance to this repression; it is already
beginning to affect us.   We have to stand together to stop this!

See you there!

Duncan McFarland, UJP planning group, mcfarland13 at gmail.com,

Note: The meeting is being held at the office of the Unitarian-Universalist
Service Committee. Call 617-230-0632 if you get lost.

		 [2]

United for Justice with Peace [3] is a coalition of peace and justice
organizations and community peace groups in the Greater Boston region. The UJP
Coalition, formed after September 11th, seeks global peace through social and
economic justice.

Help us continue to do this critical work!   Make a donation to UJP today. [4]

Please forward this message widely

ujpcoalition at gmail.com [5]

            617-383-4UJP (NEW!)

            		www.justicewithpeace.org [6]

Upcoming Events:

		Ruined [7]

		Fri Jan 7

		8:00pm

		Huntington Theater

		Boston

		Brown Bag Lunch Vigil: Stop the Afghanistan War! [8]

		Wed Jan 19

		12:00pm

		downstairs from Senator John Kerry's Office

		Boston

		Making Connections: Boston to NATO - UJP Strategy Conference [9]

		Sat Jan 22

		1:00pm

		Cambridge Friends Center

		Cambridge

		National Day of Action to Stop FBI Raids and Repression [10]

		Tue Jan 25

		12:30pm

		JFK Federal Building

		Boston

		Massachusetts Peace Action Annual Meeting [11]

		Sat Jan 29

		1:00pm

		First Baptist Church

		Newton Center

		Noam Chomsky and Phyllis Bennis in Conversation [12]

		Thu Feb 10

		6:30pm

		tbd

		Resetting U.S. Relations with Iran [13]

		Wed Feb 16

		7:00pm

		Suffolk University

		Boston

		March and Rally: Bring the Troops Home Now! [14]

		Sat Apr 9

		12:00pm

		Union Square

		New York, NY

More Peace and Justice Events [15].    How to Submit Events [16]

[1] http://justicewithpeace.org/node/2162
[2] http://justicewithpeace.org
[3] http://justicewithpeace.org
[4] http://justicewithpeace.org/donate