[act-ma] [UJP] Brown Bag Lunch Vigil: Bring the Troops Home! Bring the Money Home!

United for Justice with Peace ujpcoalition at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 17:31:53 PST 2011

UJP: Brown Bag Lunch Vigil: Bring the Troops Home!  Bring the Money Home!

BROWN BAG LUNCH VIGIL: BRING THE TROOPS HOME!  BRING THE MONEY HOME!

		Antiwar Protest, JFK Federal Bldg., December 2010

When: Wednesday, January 19, 2011, 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm
Where: downstairs from Senator John Kerry's Office • One Bowdoin Square •
Bowdoin T • Boston

Join UJP, Peace Action, Veterans for Peace, and the Fund our Communities/Cut
Military Spending 25% Campaign at a Brown Bag Vigil to bring the troops and war
money home.

The vigil will be held downstairs from Sen. John Kerry's office.    We will
move at 1:00 to the JFK Federal Building where Sen. Scott Brown's office is
located.

Additional Locations:

Lowell • Office of Rep. Niki Tsongas • 11 Kearney Square (12:00 noon)
Worcester • Public Library, Banx Room • 3 Salem Square (12:30pm)
Hyannis • Office of Rep. Bill Delahunt • 146 Main Street (Friday at
3-4pm)

Register to attend! [1]

Let's tell Senators Kerry and Brown:

  * Bring the troops home in 2011

      * Move money from the Pentagon to our communities

      * Hands off Social Security

Tell our Senators that it is unacceptable to make our armed forces, their
families, and their friends wait any longer to bring the troops home from
Afghanistan.

Demand that the hundreds of billions of dollars pouring into the coffers of war
profiteers be redirected where it's needed—to create jobs, save jobs, and
sustain the public services we need.

Social Security is the cornerstone of a just and fair society. No one can afford
to be without it.

		Brown Bag Vigil, Boston, October 2010

President Obama says the Afghanistan war will continue until at least 2014.
  Peace Action delivered letters to Sen. Kerry at the October and November
vigils calling on him to hold hearings and turn US policy toward negotiations
and troops withdrawals.   And he has agreed to do so [2] -- but the topics
he's targeting are the wrong ones.  We will continue to press the point.

Sponsored by UJP Afghanistan Task Force, Massachusetts Peace Action, Progressive
Democrats of America, Veterans for Peace/Smedley Butler Brigade, and Fund Our
Communities/Cut Military Spending 25%.    Email us at ujpcoalition at gmail.com
[3].

Register to attend! [4]

		 [5]

United for Justice with Peace [6] is a coalition of peace and justice
organizations and community peace groups in the Greater Boston region. The UJP
Coalition, formed after September 11th, seeks global peace through social and
economic justice.

Help us continue to do this critical work!   Make a donation to UJP today. [7]

ujpcoalition at gmail.com [8]

            617-383-4UJP (NEW!)

            		www.justicewithpeace.org [9]

Upcoming Events:

		Brown Bag Lunch Vigil: Bring the Troops Home!  Bring the Money Home! [10]

		Wed Jan 19

		12:00pm

		downstairs from Senator John Kerry's Office

		Boston

		Making Connections: Boston to NATO - UJP Strategy Conference [11]

		Sat Jan 22

		1:00pm

		Cambridge Friends Center

		Cambridge

		National Day of Action to Stop FBI Raids and Repression [12]

		Tue Jan 25

		12:00pm

		JFK Federal Building

		Boston

		Massachusetts Peace Action Annual Meeting [13]

		Sat Jan 29

		1:00pm

		First Baptist Church

		Newton Center

		Tom Hayden: Prospects for the Peace and Justice Movement in the Obama Era [14]

		Mon Feb 7

		7:00pm

		Encuentro 5

		Boston

		Noam Chomsky and Phyllis Bennis in Conversation [15]

		Thu Feb 10

		6:30pm

		tbd

		Resetting U.S. Relations with Iran [16]

		Wed Feb 16

		7:00pm

		Suffolk University

		Boston

		March and Rally: Bring the Troops Home Now! [17]

		Sat Apr 9

		12:00pm

		Union Square

		New York, NY

More Peace and Justice Events [18].    How to Submit Events [19]

[1] http://justicewithpeace.org/bblv-register
[2]
http://foreign.senate.gov/press/chair/release/?id=ae62a7c9-df27-42b9-8ccf-451c2fe659bf
[3] ujpcoalition at gmail.com