[act-ma] 2/19-20: Volunteer Days at CCI Library

Susie Husted susie_husted at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 18 09:35:16 PST 2011

The Community Change library houses some of the best sources of information on
racism in the United States – and its right here in Boston!  Last year, four
librarians came together to give some tender loving care to this amazing
collection. We’ve updated the online catalog, and begun outreach to new
communities, but we need your help to move forward.

On Saturday and Sunday, February 19-20, we will be conducting a comprehensive
inventory of the collection. By going book by book, through the 3,000 volumes,
we hope to catch errors in the catalog, determine subject areas in which to
expand, and identify books that need repair. This is an easy task – but it takes
time, and we need your help to complete the inventory in just one weekend!

Can you spare two hours – or more!?   If you are able to join us, please contact
Susie at library at communitychangeinc.org.  We'd love your help!

Community Change was born out of the Civil Rights Movement and in response to
the Kerner Commission which named racism as "a white problem." CCI has done what
few organizations are willing to do: shine a spotlight on the roots of racism in
white culture with the intention of dealing with racism at its source, as well
as with its impact on communities of color.
http://www.communitychangeinc.org/Drupal/Library
Pappenheim Library TLC Days
February 19 & 20, 10am - 6pm
Community Change, Inc.
14 Beacon Street, Rm 605
Boston, MA 02108

Thanks!

Myrna, Rebecca, Patrick & Susie
Boston Radical Reference Collective
http://www.radicalreference.info/

The Yvonne Pappenheim Library at Community Change is a free lending library of
materials about racism and white privilege in the United States.