[act-ma] 2/17: "Deceptions" - Free UPandOUT film screening, Thurs, Feb 17 [Q&A with filmmaker Chris Pratt]

pf soto pfsoto at mynas.com
Wed Feb 9 08:08:12 PST 2011

<http://rule19.org/download-film/film-110217-deceptions-wl.pdf#decep>Showing
Thursday, Feb 17, in Cambridge: [please download & distribute flyer
<http://rule19.org/download-film/film-110217-deceptions-wl.pdf#decep>]

  /*Deceptions*/

Chris Pratt, filmmaker:  [he'll be onsite available for Q&A after the film]

?Our opinions and perceptions are being managed by a corporate media;
there is no public policy, only corporate policy. How can we reconcile
continual war, wiretapping, unanswered 9/11 questions, torture,
rendition, terrorism, the loss of freedom, police brutality, news
suppression, the bailouts, evaporation of the public option, a toothless
financial reform, no real audit of the Fed, BP's constant  lies,
political bribery, uncharged war criminals and corruption beyond belief?

Media manipulation is orchestrated by an elite  never held accountable.
The extent that big money has taken control of the media, of who & how
we elect officials, of governmental policies both at home and abroad is
a reflection of a public that continually chooses to do nothing.?

?/If we understand the mechanism and motives of the group mind, is it
not possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will
without their knowing it?/? ~Edward Louis Bernays ? father of Public
Relations, author of Propaganda, nephew of Sigmund Freud

?/What we wanted was to do was have a terror campaign./? ~Howard Hunt,
head of CIA Operation, Guatemala, 1954

(DVDs available for purchase)

*NOTE: early bird short film at 6:40pm* -

*When/where*
6:30 pm, doors open for refreshments, extra
*7pm, film starts promptly*
243 Broadway, Cambridge - corner of Broadway and Windsor,
entrance on Windsor
*rule19.org/videos <http://rule19.org/videos/>*

Please join us for a stimulating night out; bring your friends!
free film, free refreshments, & free door prizes.
[donations are accepted]

"/You can't legislate good will - that comes through education./" ~
Malcolm X

*UPandOUT film series - see rule19.org/videos <http://rule19.org/videos/>*

Why should YOU care? It's YOUR money that pays for US/Israeli wars - on
Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Palestine, So America, etc etc - for
billionaire bailouts, for ever more ubiquitous US prisons, for the loss
of liberty and civil rights...