[act-ma] Schmatta: From Rags to Riches to Rags - THIS Weds.

Leah Madsen leah at circleboston.org
Mon Feb 14 13:44:35 PST 2011

Film Screening and Discussion: Schmatta, from Rags to Riches to Rags
February 16, 2011 | 06:00 PM to 08:30 PM
Brookline Public Library, 361 Washington St (Brookline Village)

FREE
Refreshments served
Optional Clothing Swap!

Join us for a viewing of Schmatta, from Rags to Riches to Rags, an HBO
documentary about the rise and fall of the garment industry, from the New
York garment district of the early 1900's to the globalized system that
exists today. After the film, stay for a discussion about what we can do on
a personal, local, and global level to live ethically and confront labor
abuses today.  We will also have a clothing swap - bring your old clothes
and swap them for something "new"!

Sponsored by the Boston Workmen's Circle and the New England Jewish Labor
Committee

Leah Madsen
Program and Membership Organizer
Boston Workmen's Circle
leah at circleboston.org
617-566-6281

dangerous content by Jvillage Network, and is
believed to be clean.