[act-ma] [UJP] Tomorrow - Bring the Troops Home! Bring the War Money Home!

United for Justice with Peace ujpcoalition at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 17:00:23 PST 2011

UJP: Tomorrow - Bring the Troops Home! Bring the War Money Home!

TOMORROW - BRING THE TROOPS HOME! BRING THE WAR MONEY HOME!

When: Wednesday, February 16, 12:00 noon to 1:30 pm
Where: Downstairs from Sen. John Kerry's office, One Bowdoin Square, Boston
(Bowdoin or Government Center T)

		Antiwar Protest at JFK Federal Bldg., December 2010

Senator John Kerry is chair of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.  He is
in position to bring the Afghanistan War to an end if he exerts his influence.
  But so far he has only enabled more troop increases, more violence and more
corruption and waste.

Join UJP, Peace Action, Veterans for Peace, and the Fund our Communities / Cut
Military Spending 25% Campaign at a Brown Bag Vigil to bring the troops and war
money home.

The vigil will be held downstairs from Sen. John Kerry's office.

Additional Eastern Mass. Locations (others nationwide [1])

Lowell • Office of Rep. Niki Tsongas • 11 Kearney Square (12:00 noon)
Hyannis • (Bill Keating) Post Office • 385 Main Street (Friday at 12:00
noon)

Register to attend! [2]

Let's tell Senator Kerry:

  * Bring the troops home in 2011

      * Move money from the Pentagon to our communities

      * Hands off Social Security

		Kerry hosts a lunch for Afghanistan president Hamid Karzai, Washington, May
2010.

Tell our Senator that it is unacceptable to make our armed forces, their
families, and their friends wait any longer to bring the troops home from
Afghanistan.

Demand that the hundreds of billions of dollars pouring into the coffers of war
profiteers be redirected where they're needed—to create jobs, save jobs, and
sustain the public services we need.

Social Security is the cornerstone of a just and fair society. Very few people
can afford to be without it.

President Obama says the Afghanistan war will continue until at least 2014.
Peace Action delivered a letter to Sen. Kerry at the January vigil calling on
him to include antiwar speakers at his upcoming hearings and turn US policy
toward negotiations and troop withdrawals.

Sponsored by UJP Afghanistan Task Force, Massachusetts Peace Action, Progressive
Democrats of America, Veterans for Peace/Smedley Butler Brigade, and Fund Our
Communities/Cut Military Spending 25%.    Email us at ujpcoalition at gmail.com
[3].

Register to attend! [4]

		 [5]

United for Justice with Peace [6] is a coalition of peace and justice
organizations and community peace groups in the Greater Boston region. The UJP
Coalition, formed after September 11th, seeks global peace through social and
economic justice.

Help us continue to do this critical work!   Make a donation to UJP today. [7]

ujpcoalition at gmail.com [8]

            617-383-4UJP (NEW!)

            		www.justicewithpeace.org [9]

Upcoming Events:

		Brown Bag Lunch Vigil: Bring the Troops Home!  Bring the Money Home! [10]

		Wed Feb 16

		12:00pm

		downstairs from Senator John Kerry's Office

		Boston

		Iran, Egypt and the US--Potential Partners In a New Middle East? [11]

		Wed Feb 16

		7:00pm

		Suffolk University

		Boston

		Revolution in Egypt: What Does it Mean for Us? [12]

		Thu Feb 17

		6:30pm

		Palestinian Cultural Center for Peace

		Allston

		The Fruits of our Labor:  Afghan Perspectives in Film [13]

		Thu Feb 17

		7:30pm

		Arlington Center for the Arts

		Arlington

		\"Eyewitness Gaza,\" a new slide show by Skip Schiel [14]

		Thu Feb 24

		7:00pm

		Cambridge YMCA (Theater)

		Cambridge

		AFSC Campus Organizing Conference - Israel/Palestine activism [15]

		Sat Mar 5

		12:00pm

		Cesar Chavez High School

		Washington, DC

		Stand for Peace - Resist the War Machine! [16]

		Sat Mar 19

		12:00pm

		Lafayette Park and The White House

		Washington, DC

		Spring Lobby Weekend: End the War in Afghanistan [17]

		Sat Mar 19

		7:00pm

		Washington, DC

More Peace and Justice Events [18].    How to Submit Events [19]

[1] https://www.thedatabank.com/dpg/309/mtglist.asp#mtgsrchfrm
[2] http://justicewithpeace.org/bblv-register
[3] ujpcoalition at gmail.com
[4] http://justicewithpeace.org/bblv-register