[act-ma] 2/26 Event: Palestine, Poetry, and Politics!

Richard Hugus rhugus at cape.com
Sat Feb 19 20:56:19 PST 2011

HERE WE SHALL STAY: PALESTINIAN LIFE BEFORE AND AFTER COLONIZATION

First event in the P3 Series: Palestine, Poetry, and Politics!

Saturday, February 26th, at 1 PM
Cambridge Public Library Main Branch Lecture Hall
449 Broadway (intersection of Broadway and Trowbridge)
Cambridge, MA 02138
(closest T stop: Harvard Square on the Red Line)

"As though we were twenty impossibilities
In Lydda, Ramla, and Galilee

Here we shall stay
Like a brick wall upon your breast
And in your throat
Like a splinter of glass, like spiky cactus
And in your eyes
A chaos of fire..."

             Tawfiq Zayyad

Come learn about the history of Palestinian life before and
after colonization and celebrate the revolutionary spirit of
Arab people from Palestine to Egypt and Tunisia.
We'll share the poetry of Tawfiq Zayyad.

Refreshments will be served.

Sponsored by the P3 Committee

***The Cambridge Public Library is not a sponsor of this event.