[act-ma] 3/7 Fundraising: Getting Past the Fear of Asking (SoJust Skillshare)

Robbie Samuels send2robbie at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 06:58:18 PST 2011

**Hey fellow activists & organizers,
*
Check out this awesome SoJust video
clip<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1Oeq1TjPc0>
!* "SoJust STARZ (regulars) share their perspective on the impact
Socializing for Justice, a cross-issue, progressive, member-funded
grassroots organization, has had on the Boston community."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1Oeq1TjPc0 (Special thanks to Spectra Speaks
for shooting & editing!)

*Monday, March 7 from 6PM-8:30PM* ***SoJust Skillshares are the 1st Monday
of every month - mark your calendar!***
*Skillshare: Fundraising - Getting Past the Fear of Asking* *
*by Robbie Samuels, SoJust Co-Founder and Trainer/Consultant at
www.RobbieSamuels.com
at The NonProfit Center by South Station
*Do you want to raise money to support the causes and organizations you care
about?* **This engaging coaching session focuses on getting past the fear of
asking and how to avoid some common mistakes. Learn an easy way to sort
through contact lists and build a strong prospect list based on the 3 Cs of
fundraising: capacity, connection and commitment. Learn specific language
for how to make a strong ask, based on the relationship-building tips shared
in *Art of the Schmooze*, and ten tips that will make your next fundraising
plan a success. "If you are afraid to ask for money, kick yourself out of
the way and let the cause talk."
RSVP: http://www.sojust.org/events/16373242/

***SoJust is a Co-Sponsor because our philosophy includes "reclaiming our
commons"***
*Boston Commons Rising: Reclaim Our Commons and Communities*
*Friday, March 4 at 7PM*
First Church in Jamaica Plain, Unitarian Universalist
This month's JP Forum features Jay Walljasper, author and editor with On the
Commons of the new book, *All That We Share: A Field Guide to the
Commons*along with community speakers profiling commons based
solutions. Despite the
dire ecological and economic conditions in today's world, a remarkable
phenomenon is emerging. We can see a multitude of kindred efforts that
explore new or renewed modes of human connection and collaboration as a
basis for survival and sustainability. Many of these efforts involve
reclaiming our commons "those things that belong to all of us" as a means to
shape a just and hopeful future for our communities and planet.*
Details:* www.onthecommons.org/boston-commons-rising-1

*Save These Dates*
March 18 - Billiards for Justice @ Jillian's in Fenway - *RSVP:*
http://www.sojust.org/events/16712114/
April 4 - Skillshare: Leveraging Social Media for Social Change
April 14 - Potluck & T-shirt Swap for Justice @ The Democracy Center in
Harvard
May 2 - Skillshare: Art of the Schmooze
May 19 - Connecting for Justice (SoJust's Open House)
Then it will be summer and we can play outside: Recess, Frisbee, Beach,
Hiking and Camping!

For Justice,
Robbie

P.S. *Take Our Survey *Help guide the planning of SoJust in 2011 as we move
toward our 5th anniversary in September - take our
survey<https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dFlSeTN2YUdqLXUwVkZ6UmFoTG50T0E6MA>.

**If you are receiving this you are qualified to respond - prior event
attendance not a requirement**

 Robbie Samuels
Co-Founder & Co-Organizer Socializing for Justice
@sojust <http://www.twitter.com/sojust> |
@robbiesamuels<http://www.twitter.com/robbiesamuels>|
www.robbiesamuels.com

*Socializing for Justice isn't a non-profit 501(c)(3).* We're a grassroots
volunteer-run member-supported cross-issue progressive community that's been
growing steadily since August 2006. We have over 1650 members, we've hosted
90 events and we manage an online hub of progressive events and resources at
www.sojust.org. If you've benefited from this cross-issue progressive
network please contribute the suggested annual membership fee of $25. You
may do this online <http://www.sojust.org/dues/> or at any of our events.
Thank you for helping us continue to provide a space for like-minded
progressives of all stripes.