[act-ma] April 8-10: Huge Media Conference here in Boston

Amy Hendrickson amyh at texnology.com
Mon Feb 28 11:36:50 PST 2011

Dear Activists, We've just updated our list of presenters for the National Conference for Media Reform. I think you'll be impressed.

It's a fantastic bunch of people who are at the center of the media issues of the day. The list includes people like Glenn Greenwald of Salon, Rinku Sen of the Applied Research Center, James Rucker of ColorofChange.org, and Amy Goodman of Democracy Now! Follow this link to see our growing list of presenters.

And of course — please join us in Boston in April.

— Candace

                  Plan Your Journey to NCMR 2011. Register Now.

      Amy,

      In just six weeks, 2,500 people will gather in Boston to discuss how we can fix our busted media system.

      Register now for the National Conference for Media Reform and get involved in the fight for better media.

      NCMR 2011 — April 8-10 — is the biggest event in the country that tackles what is arguably the biggest issue in the country: the state of our media.

      Book your ticket to Boston. Then start planning your own journey through our three-day event...

      ...Will you wait in a (very long) line to meet Susan Crawford after she delivers a stirring speech about Comcast and the coming cable monopoly?

      ...Will you chase down Ben Huh — founder of the Cheezburger Network — to ask him how you can revolutionize the Internet with your new idea? (Or maybe just to see if you can haz cheeseburger?)

      ...Will Sarah Jones make you laugh or cry as she describes what it's like to sue the FCC (and win)?

      ...Will you ask Nobel Prize-winner Joseph Stiglitz about the connection between our media system and the global economy?

      ...Will you listen as NPR social media strategist Andy Carvin describes how he curated thousands of tweets coming out of Egypt and Libya?

      Or maybe you’ll want to ask Democracy Now! host Amy Goodman how a robust public media system can sustain our democracy.

      Then you can chat with Malkia Cyril from the Center for Media Justice about what you can do to help build the movement for media justice.

      But most importantly, you’ll meet each other and create plans together to change the media in your communities.

      Take a look at our list of presenters: These are the doers, the movers, the shakers, the speakers and the media-makers who are building a more democratic, diverse, open and accountable media system.

      Come to NCMR 2011 and be one of them. Register now.

      Six weeks and counting,

      Candace Clement and the NCMR team

      P.S. Conferences are better when your friends are there. Share news of NCMR 2011 on Facebook and Twitter and urge your friends to join you.

      P.P.S. Need help with travel and lodging? Check out our SpaceShare site to connect with other Boston-bound folks.

      Free Press is a national, nonpartisan organization working to reform the media. Learn more at www.freepress.net