[act-ma] Western Massachusetts Campaign Manager Training

Jordan Berg Powers jordan at massalliance.org
Thu Mar 10 08:28:38 PST 2011

Hi Everyone,

We would like to encourage all of you to come to a training we are
facilitating in Easthampton.  The training introduces community leaders to
the theory and practice behind successful grassroots campaigning.

It's called a campaign manager training, but we don't want the focus to
dissuade you to coming. The training will share critical skills for the
progressive work all of us are engaged in.  The tools of message creation,
grassroots fundraising, effective door to door, etc. would be good for
anyone interested in deepening their involvement in progressive change.

The training is:

Sat & Sun

March 26th & 27th

9 am to 5:30 pm

Eastworks Building

116 Pleasant St.

Easthampton, MA

Attendees will learn from some of the best progressive campaign operatives
in Massachusetts.  The training will cover:

.             Field organizing

.             Message development

.             Working with the press

.             Grassroots Fundraising

The workshop is great training for full-time paid work on campaigns and is
also helpful for issue and neighborhood activists who are hoping to enhance
their understanding of how to influence the outcome of campaigns.

The cost for this workshop is $80.  Scholarships are available. Food and
materials for the two-day training are provided.

If you have any questions or someone wants a sign up form, please let me
know.

Jordan

Jordan Berg Powers
Deputy Director