[act-ma] "Where can I hold my event" Share Your Venue Leads

Robbie Samuels send2robbie at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 18:25:35 PDT 2011

 Hi fellow organizers and activists,

At the time of this writing, Socializing for Justice is 21 members away from
1700! If you're receiving this via a list other than our main site at
meetup.com, you're missing out. Sign up now at www.sojust.org. There's no
fee to join. Read more about the resources we share below.

*Billiards for Justice** - Friday, March 18 - 6-8PM*
Jillians by Fenway Park
Don't worry if you don't rock the cue stick. Lots of people aren't that
great at pool, but some SoJusters have claimed to have the skills. So show
up for lessons, laughs, or just good people. *We'll have a few tables
reserved from 6-8PM* for the pool sharks, but plenty of non-billiards
hanging out as well. Jillian's has some great appetizers, sandwiches and a
full bar.* RSVP: *http://www.sojust.org/events/16712114/ *"Where can I hold
my event? Know any good venues?*" *Share Your Venue Leads*
I often get asked for suggestions for where to hold different events. What
would be really helpful is if we had an organized resource list of venues in
the Boston area that would host progressive/activist meetings or events.
With your help SoJust is going to build this list. Please share your venue
leads via www.bit.ly/VenueLeads. Together we'll build a stronger progressive
movement in Boston.

*SoJust's Philosophy
*At the root of SoJust's vision is the philosophy of abundance - we firmly
believe that sharing knowledge leads to infinite possibilities. We manage an
online hub at www.sojust.org that includes a calendar
<http://www.sojust.org/calendar>of cross-promoted social justice events, a list
<http://www.bit.ly/BostonCalendars>of 40+ web calendars, a message
board<http://www.sojust.org/boards>(
*you must be logged in to access*) for job openings and volunteer
opportunities, and - with your help - soon we'll be sharing a list of event
venues.

*Save These Dates*
April 4 - Skillshare: Leveraging Social Media for Social Change
April 14 - Potluck & T-shirt Swap for Justice @ The Democracy Center in
Harvard
May 2 - Skillshare: Art of the Schmooze
May 19 - Connecting for Justice (SoJust's Open House)
Then it will be summer and we can play outside: Recess, Beach, Hiking and
Camping!

For Justice,
Robbie

p.s. *Did you see* *this awesome SoJust video
clip<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1Oeq1TjPc0>
? *http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1Oeq1TjPc0

Robbie Samuels
Co-Founder & Co-Organizer Socializing for Justice
@sojust <http://www.twitter.com/sojust> |
@robbiesamuels<http://www.twitter.com/robbiesamuels>|
www.robbiesamuels.com

*Socializing for Justice isn't a non-profit 501(c)(3).* We're a grassroots
volunteer-run member-supported cross-issue progressive community that's been
growing steadily since August 2006. We have almost 1700 members, we've
hosted over 90 events and we manage an online hub of progressive events and
resources at www.sojust.org. If you've benefited from this cross-issue
progressive network please contribute the suggested annual membership fee of
$25. You may do this online <http://www.sojust.org/dues/> or at any of our
events. Thank you for helping us continue to provide a space for like-minded
progressives of all stripes.