[act-ma] SAT, MAR 26: Bring down the walls! A night of music and art to support political prisoners!

Evan Greer evangreer at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 09:39:21 PDT 2011

**Please forward widely!**
BRING DOWN THE WALLS!
A night of music & art to honor our political prisoners/pows!

Saturday, March 26th @ 6pm
Community Church of Boston
565 Boylston Street, Copley Sq

$5-15 sliding scale donation.

This educational and entertaining evening features brand new written
statements from Mumia Abu Jamaal, Imam Jamil Al-Amin, and other political
prisoners. We will hear updates from our people behind bars, and their
thoughts on the role of art and music in the movement. We will also be
displaying incredibly artwork drawn in solitary confinement by Muslim
political prisoner Tarek Mehanna.

Revolutionary MUSICAL performances by some of the regions best underground
artists!

Taina Asili y La Banda Rebelde - www.tainasili.com
latin@ / afro-carribean dancy world-rock for liberation

Evan Greer & Friends - www.evangreer.org
queer n catchy riot-folk with a full band, last show before tour!

spiritchild - www.myspace.com/spiritchildmentalnotes
hip-hop freedom singer from the bronx by way of brooklyn

Born In A Cent - http://borninacent.blogspot.com
melodic feminist indie punk rock for justice, on tour from NYC

Plus local youth talent Danniela and Jalen!

Join us for a night of Revolutionary Music, Reflection Wall, Food,
Socializing and REMEMBERANCE! Sponsored by the Tarek Mehanna Support
Committee, Jericho Boston, and Movement in Motion.