[act-ma] housing opportunity for activists

Beacon Hill Friends House directors at bhfh.org
Tue Mar 22 12:19:30 PDT 2011

Hello activists,

My name is Christy, and I'm the Residency Manager at the Beacon Hill Friends
House. We are looking for civically engaged folks like yourselves to join
our residential community this Spring.

Beacon Hill Friends House is a cooperative community on Beacon Hill (5 min
walk from the State House) of 21 residents aging in their 20s to 60s,
sponsored by the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers). In our house,
people of all faiths, non-faiths, genders, sexualities, ethnicities and
backgrounds live, eat, make house decisions, and play together. Our mission
is to embody the Quaker principles of faith, simplicity, integrity,
community and social responsibility in order to call forth the light in all
of us.

To make a strong community, we require everyone to complete a weekly chore
and "dishcrew" (helping set up and clean up dinner) and participate in twice
monthly house meetings, three dinners a week, two retreats and two workdays
a year, and generally be hospitable to the many people who visit us. Most
new residents will move into a double room with a roommate.

You can also find more information at
http://www.bhfh.org/Bhfh-Residency.html

Feel free to call or email with any questions!

Christy

--
Beacon Hill Friends House
6 Chestnut St.