[act-ma] [UJP] National Day of Action: We Are One!

United for Justice with Peace ujpcoalition at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 06:16:03 PDT 2011

UJP: National Day of Action:  We Are One!

NATIONAL DAY OF ACTION:  WE ARE ONE!

WE ARE ONE! RESPECT OUR RIGHTS!

When: Monday, April 4, 2011, 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Where: Mass. Republican Party • 85 Merrimac St • Haymarket T • Boston

The National AFL-CIO, several International Unions and others have called for
actions around the country. April 4, 1968 was the day in 1968 when Dr. Martin
Luther King was assassinated in Memphis where he had gone to support sanitation
workers fighting for a voice at work.

Please join the Greater Boston Labor Council, Boston Teachers Union, Jobs and
Justice, Massachusetts AFL-CIO, MTA, 1199SEIU, and SEIU State Council to stand
in solidarity with workers in Wisconsin, Ohio, Indiana, New Hampshire and other
states fighting corporate politicians seeking to destroy collective bargaining.

Everyone is welcome!

Sponsored by:

Central Labor Council

Local Greater Boston Labor Council

Info: http://www.we-r-1.org/ [1]

FROM CAIRO TO MADISON TO BOSTON, THE DREAM IS UNDER ATTACK: A TEACH-IN

When: Monday, April 4, 2011, 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Where: Boston University • 725 Commonwealth Ave. • College Of Arts And
Sciences, Room 224 • Boston

Curious about the economy and job market today?

Wondering where your tuition money is REALLY going?

What we can learn from the uprisings in the Middle East and Midwest?

While corporations make record profits, their political allies deny all workers
the right to demand their fair share.   While universities raise tuition,
students struggle with debt and the prospect of a grim job market.

But all over the world, students and workers are coming together to fight back.

On April 4th, 1968, Martin Luther King Jr. died while fighting for the rights of
workers in Memphis. This year, we honor his legacy with a national day of action
for workers’ rights everywhere.

Learn how we can carry on Dr. King’s fight and win our schools, our jobs, and
our future!

For more information visit us at

The University Organizing Project on Facebook or www.massjwj.net!

Sponsored by: Boston University SLAP, Massachusetts Jobs With Justice, SEIU
Local 615, UAW Local 2324, Greater Boston Student Labor Action Project

		 [2]

United for Justice with Peace [3] is a coalition of peace and justice
organizations and community peace groups in the Greater Boston region. The UJP
Coalition, formed after September 11th, seeks global peace through social and
economic justice.

Help us continue to do this critical work!   Make a donation to UJP today. [4]

ujpcoalition at gmail.com [5]

            617-383-4UJP (NEW!)

            		www.justicewithpeace.org [6]

Upcoming Events:

		We Are One! Respect Our Rights [7]

		Mon Apr 4

		4:00pm

		Mass. Republican Party

		Boston

		Jobs with Justice Annual Dinner 2011 [8]

		Wed Apr 6

		6:00pm

		Suffolk Downs

		East Boston

		Are Unions Good for Public Schools and the Community? Finding Solutions
Collectively to the Current Crisis [9]

		Thu Apr 7

		7:00pm

		Temple Kehillath Israel

		Brookline

		March and Rally: Bring the Troops Home Now! [10]

		Sat Apr 9

		12:00pm

		Union Square

		New York, NY

		Cindy Sheehan: Dawn of a New Revolt [11]

		Mon Apr 11

		7:00pm

		First Parish Church

		Cambridge

		Fund Our Communites, Not War! [12]

		Tue Apr 12

		9:00am

		Massachusetts

		Noam Chomsky and Beena Sarwar: Days of Hope and Challenge [13]

		Thu Apr 14

		7:00pm

		Boston University Law Auditorium

		Boston

		Raytheon, Missile Offense & Endless War: 19th Annual Space Organizing
Conference [14]

		Fri Jun 17

		5:00pm

		Merrimack College

		North Andover

More Peace and Justice Events [15].    How to Submit Events [16]

[1] http://www.we-r-1.org/
[2] http://justicewithpeace.org
[3] http://justicewithpeace.org
[4] http://justicewithpeace.org/donate